Making slime can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience that lets kids have fun while working together. Nevertheless, not all slime recipes use components that are safe to handle. Chemical activators like borax and glue can become health hazards if not handled appropriately when making glue slime recipes.
That is why many people are looking to learn how to make slime without glue. So, in this post, we'll cover borax and glue-free recipes that you can use to make slime safely.
- 1. How to Make Slime without Glue - Shaving cream and Shampoo Slime Recipe
- 2. How to make Slime Without Glue -Shampoo and Cornstarch 2-Ingredient Slime Recipe
- 3. How to Make Slime without Glue - Easy Baking Soda DIY Slime Recipe
- 4. How to make Fluffy Slime without Glue -Body Wash Slime Recipe
- Things to Keep in Mind When Slime Making
1. How to Make Slime without Glue - Shaving cream and Shampoo Slime Recipe
With a few household products, you can get the ingredients we need to make fluffy slime without glue. They include
- Shaving Cream
- Stir spoon
So, let's see how to make slime with shampoo!
- First, pour some shampoo into the bowl. If you can't estimate how much to use, start with several tablespoons and gradually add according to need.
- Then, you'll need to mix the shampoo and shaving cream in equal parts in the bowl. You could use the same scooping tool you used to measure the shampoo.
- Mix the ingredients until the mixture looks consistent all through. Next, add about 1 tablespoon of salt and stir again until the ingredients acquire a smooth texture.
- Freeze in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, and voila! You now know how to make slime without glue using a 3-ingredient slime recipe.
2. How to make Slime Without Glue -Shampoo and Cornstarch 2-Ingredient Slime Recipe
Another way you can make slime without glue or an activator is with
- Food Coloring/ glitter
Here are the steps to follow
- First, pour a half cup of shampoo into a bowl, preferably a thicker type, since they can provide better results. You could choose a color and fragrance that you like to make the toy more enjoyable to play with.
- Next, stir some glitter or color into the bowl. If the shampoo is white, the no-glue slime will appear white. So, if you'd prefer to make things interesting, add some food coloring and stir with the spoon.
- Then, add the corn starch and mix it in to make some thick slime.
- If you want fluffy slime without glue, add water one tablespoon at a time until you achieve the stretch you want in the slime.
- Once the water is in, scoop the slime out of the bowl and knead it with your hands. Once done, let the kids have some fun with it and later store it in an airtight container.
3. How to Make Slime without Glue - Easy Baking Soda DIY Slime Recipe
What you need
- Baking soda
- Hand soap
- A spoon
- A large jar
Another way to make slime is with some baking soda and hand soap.
- Start by pouring the baking soda into a large jar and add some hand soap.
- Mix the combination for about 5 minutes
- After that, place the mixture in the fridge and leave it for a few hours
- Now, you have made slime
4. How to make Fluffy Slime without Glue -Body Wash Slime Recipe
Next up is the body wash slime recipe, which uses common home products. You'll need the following
- Body wash
- Food coloring
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
With these ingredients at hand, let's get right into the steps.
- Pour some body wash into the bowl, beginning with a small amount that you can add to later.
- Add food coloring while mixing the components and keep adding it until the mixture looks as desired.
- Mix it thoroughly and ensure the paste achieves a smooth texture.
- Add to the body wash blend an equal amount of cornstarch in the bowl stir it further.
- As the mixture solidifies, you might think that the cornstarch is too much, but don't fret, knead the ingredients. This will ensure the ingredients are well distributed in the batter and the texture becomes consistent.
- You could add some water to make the slime more stretchy if you think it's too stiff. Now, all that's left is to have fun.
Things to Keep in Mind When Slime Making
1. Handling the Slime Ingredients
Before you mix up some random chemicals together when making glue slime, you should learn as much about them as you can. This will equip you with the knowledge of the risks involved and the precautions you can take. Plus, there are many recipes on the internet today which can use different products like contact solution, toothpaste, or play-doh.
If you find a slime recipe that you think you can try, you can search for a product alternative. This will help you find suitable variations that can lead to amazing recipes like sugar slime, sand slime, etc.
For instance, if your slime recipe requires laundry detergent, be cautious because it is a product that is meant for clothes which makes it harsh on the skin. So you could look for suitable substitutes that are less threatening.
2. Substituting an Ingredient
Each slime recipe uses a specific set of ingredients with properties that make them ideal for making slime. When changing a component, you can alter the chemical reaction, which could lead to unforeseen consequences.
While learning to make slime without glue could be a fun and exciting experience, the process should always take place under adult supervision. This is because kids might not take the measurements, ratios, and methods carefully, which could cause the process to fail.
3. Eating Slime
Some slimes smell and taste nice, but they aren't edible. Nevertheless, there are some edible slime recipes that you can use to make slime without borax or glue, making it safe to eat. If your kids aren't old enough to understand the risks of eating inedible slime, you don't have to introduce it as a snack. This could confuse the toddler into thinking all slime is safe to eat.
4. Allergies and Reactions
People with sensitive skin and allergies like asthma should be careful about the items being used. Some products could trigger allergic reactions in certain people and lead to uncomfortable or life-threatening situations. So, before you start making fluffy slime without glue, find out whether any of the participants have allergies.
Why You Should Learn How to Make Slime Without Glue or Borax
Most household glues are not poisonous. However, inhalation of glue fumes can cause drowsiness or other severe symptoms. Simultaneously, borax is also dangerous if ingested and can present signs such as diarrhea, shock, or vomiting in kids.
That's why it is essential to learn safe DIY slime recipes that teach how to make slime without glue or borax.