Nothing in the world beats your baby's smile with little teeth peeking through. However, teething can sometimes be a painful process that the baby does not enjoy as much. So, when you see drooling, it is time to help the baby teeth safely while taking care of painful gums. The best teething toys are vital for the baby to start on solid foods, but more importantly, to go through the process safely and painlessly.
- Best Teething Toys
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Teething Toy
- Tips on Handling a Teething Baby
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Teething Toys
1. Manhattan Toy Teether
- BABY TEETHING TOY MADE FOR LITTLE HANDS: The Winkel features a mesmerizing maze of...
- DEVELOPMENTAL BABY TOY: Babies are instantly drawn to this colorful and lightweight...
- TIME-HONORED CLASSIC: With over 25 years engaging babies and soothing even the...
- BABY TOY FOR NEWBORNS AND UP: Safety rated for newborns and up, the Winkel measures...
- STANDING BY OUR BRAND: If you're reading this, you've found a safe toy from a real...
Manhattan teething toy is a maze of soft teething tubes safe for a baby's gums. Teething pain comes as the baby grows through the fourth and the following months. The Winkel is BPA-free and safe for the baby to use. In addition, the Manhattan toy teether can be refrigerated for soothing comfort.
Manhattan baby teething toys promote clutching and two-handed play with a center cube with baby rattles to stimulate the auditory senses. The toys are lightweight and colorful, keeping the baby in a playful mood all the time. In addition, Manhattan Winkles are durable regardless of how aggressive a teething baby might get.
Manhattan Toys have been in the market for over 25 years providing babies with the delight they need while growing up and at the same time giving parents practical solutions to keep their babies healthy and safe at all times. A baby teething toy is an important element of a child's general health and nutritional motivation, and Manhattan proves that they know that fact to a deeper level.
2. Nuby Teethe-Eez Silicone Teether
- Super soft 100% silicone fish-shaped teether
- Multiple teething surfaces aid in the eruption of new teeth
- Perfect size and shape for little hands to hold
- Includes hygienic carrying case to keep teether clean when not in use
- 3 Months + / BPA Free
Teething babies require maximum attention and care because their stage is vital for their nutritional and general health. Teethe-EEZ allows the infant to go through the process naturally without too much pain in the gums. The fish-shaped teether is 100% silicone with a soft consistency to keep the baby's gums protected at all costs.
Nuby understands the biology that goes on in the baby's body during the teething months. With multiple teething surfaces, the toy aids eruption of new teeth. The silicone teethers are perfectly sized for a baby's hands and fit inside the baby's mouth without causing any injury or bruising. The teether toys put the baby's safety first, and the toy comes with a bag for keeping when the baby is not using the teether. The teether is suitable for use by babies above three months. Nuby Teethe-EEZ products are BPA-free, keeping the baby safe and protected at all times.
3. Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces
- Our Baltic Necklaces are hand-made from Lithuania and Packaged with love in the USA.
- Each bead is individually knotted for added safety
- 32 cm - 33 cm Long. Measure before buying - Choose the right size for you.
- Our Products have a 100% Money Back Guarantee (Valid 1 year from date of purchase).
Babies bite everything when they are in their teething stage. Therefore, each bead on the necklace is knotted for extra safety and gum stimulation. Amber necklaces are made from amber seeds strung with magnetic fasteners or a clasp. The beads help with teething pains and keep the baby comfortable through the process of growing some bones.
Teething necklaces are easily available and accessible to most parents. Amber contains succinic acid, which is thought to have painkilling and anti-inflammatory properties. When the beads are worn close to the skin, the acid is released to the body, which has a relaxing feeling and relieves the teething pain. The teething toy is easily accessible to the baby at all times.
4. Baby Banana Infant Teether
- GENTLE MASSAGING - Baby Banana toothbrushes gently massage teeth and gums. The soft,...
- SOFT SILICONE - The flexible silicone material used to make these products help...
- ORAL HYGIENE HABITS - Baby Banana training brushes help to develop good oral hygiene...
- EASY TO CLEAN - Because these toothbrush teethers are made of silicone, they are...
- AGES 3 TO 12 MONTHS - Great for babies and infants, this toy works great for...
Baby banana toothbrushes are the ultimate solution to training a baby on using brushes and keeping them out of teething pain. The toothbrush and teether provide a gentle massage for the baby on the gums and budding teeth. In addition, the design and make of the brush provide safety to the baby. The banana peel extension prevents choking and injuries when the baby is using the brush.
The teething toy is silicone, soft, and reduces the risk of injuries in the mouth or the gums. The teether is BPA, phthalate, and latex-free for maximum safety for the baby. In addition, the baby teether is free from other toxins that might cause harm to the infant.
Most babies will love the Banana infant teether because it is colorful and easy to handle. The teether is easy to clean because the toothbrush is made of silicone which is dishwasher safe. In addition, the brushes can soothe sore gums after being placed in the refrigerator. The Banana teething toys are suitable for babies within the 3-12 months. Banana baby toys will accompany the infant through the teething process to prepare the first solid foods.
5. Comotomo Silicone Teether
- Perfectly Baby Finger Sized - Babies love to chew on their little fingers (and...
- Intuitive Design - Thoughtfully made to make it easy for your little one to grab and...
- Sensible Material - Safety first! Made with durable, high quality, food grade...
- Easy to Clean - Simple one piece design and heat resistant silicone makes cleaning...
Comotomo is made of medical-grade silicone teether that is safe and fun to use for the baby. The teething toy is easy to handle because of the baby's finger-sized design for comfort and increased playtime. In addition, the teething toys have an anti-choking design with multiple points to grab and hold.
The teether is a great alternative to the infant eating their fingers, keeping germs away, and keeping the baby safe from any infections. The teething toys are durable and easy to handle for any kids around the teething age.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Teething Toy
A baby starts teething between the age of 3 to 12 months. When buying a teething toy, consider that it could be too early for the infant to start using teething toys. A younger infant needs more supervision when using the toy to avoid any injuries and choking.
The material is a huge factor in babies' toys, especially those going into the mouth. Materials that contain BPA are not acceptable in children's toys. Other toxins, phthalates, and latex are not suitable for an infant to get in their mouth. Infants have a very sensitive digestive system that is sensitive to plastic smells or any foreign particles.
The toy material should be soft enough not to hurt the infants' gums. Teething gums are painful and sensitive to touch or foreign objects in the mouth. Super soft bristles are vital for just the right amount of pressure on the gums.
Different materials have different responses to freezing. Materials that take on too much cold will be harder to handle and will be too cold for the infant to hold in the hands. Some materials are dishwasher safe while others are not. The material needs to be easy to clean to keep the baby safe at all times. Watch out for materials like PVC since they are not as soft. Teething biscuits could lead to choking hazards, especially when the infant is not under close supervision.
The design matters when it comes to the safety of the infant. Smaller teething toys are riskier to use because they pose a choking risk. Great designs put into consideration the fact that the infant will be getting anything into the house. A good design will have a stopper that the infant will not get in their mouth. The baby should be able to hold the toy. Finally, a good design should be easy to handle by the infants' tiny hands.
Batteries are a no-go zone for infant toys. Batteries contain toxic materials that can harm the baby when ingested. Instead, the best teething toy should provide teething relief to the baby using a simple design.
Tips on Handling a Teething Baby
a) Rub Infant's Gum
A teething gum is itchy and irritated almost all the time. The sensation needs to be taken care of, and the inflammation is uncomfortable. Ensure your hands are clean before getting them inside the baby's mouth to avoid infection or germs. The pressure from your fingers will ease the discomfort on the gums.
b) Cool Temperatures
Place the teething toy inside a refrigerator to catch on a cool temperature. A cool toy will soothe the pain on the gum by numbing the nerves a little bit. A teething ring gives the baby enough comfort to make it through the day. Avoid dipping the toys in sugary substances to prevent cavities. Do not freeze the toys, but chill them enough to be safely touched by the infant.
c) Over the Counter Medication
Sometimes the itch can be too much for the baby, and they get cranky. When the infant is in a bad mood, they might not want to play with the toy. When this happens, you can use an over-the-counter medicine to help reduce the pain for a while and calm the baby. Ensure the medicine is just strong enough for the baby with correct prescriptions to avoid any overdosing.
d) What to Avoid
Avoid over-the-counter remedies that are cited to help to teethe. Homeopathic teething tablets are marketed as the ultimate solution to fasten the baby's process. However, teething tablets and topical gels have not been proven to work effectively. Some gels have ingredients like belladonna, which can cause seizures or difficulty in breathing in kids. In addition, medication containing benzocaine or lidocaine is harmful to the baby to fatal levels.
e) Teething Necklaces
Necklaces are a great way to keep the teething toys close to the baby without dropping them off the ground. However, when you choose teething toys, consider that necklaces pose a strangulation threat to the baby.
Frequently Asked Questions
i) When do Babies Start Teething?
Teething starts at around four months to 7 months. However, some babies start later in the other months. Therefore, the timing is different for every baby as there is no set time for teething to start.
ii) What are the Symptoms of Teething?
Symptoms are similar in most babies. The symptoms might include:
- Fussiness and crying due to pain and uneasiness.
- Swollen and tender gums in the mouth.
- Wanting to chew or gnaw on hard objects all the time.
- A lot of drooling can cause a rash on the face of the baby.
- A slightly raised body temperature.
- Coughing without any chest problems.
- Tendency to bring hands into the mouth all the time and attempting to bite on them.
- The infant can start pulling the ears or rubbing their cheeks.
- Change in sleeping patterns.
- Changes in eating patterns.
iii) In What Order Do Teeth Erupt?
It might be intriguing to know that the teeth will erupt based on family history. However, the first two lower front teeth will be the first to come out. The next set that follows is the top two teeth. After that, teeth on the sides of each of the top and bottom sets start growing, followed by the first molars. The last set of molars will then follow to complete the first teeth.