Pink hair is a timeless art, and pretty much anyone can pull it off even with dark hair. It will go through seasons, and there's a whole range of pink shades you can work with to pull that sassy, bold power look. The best pink hair dye will give you custom shades ranging from cotton candy pink, deep fuchsia, rose gold, baby pink, deep magenta, pastel pink, and others.
It works wonders on healthy hair, whether you have short, long, or thick hair. Celebrities such as Francesca Allen and Olivia Bowen have taken on this power look, proving that pink hair does really revamp your look. With the whole social distancing and having to stay safely at home, dyeing your hair pink is definitely a DIY you'd want to try and a fantastic idea.
More hairstylists, stylists, and neuropsychologists agree that the recent rise in pink hair transformations is people subconsciously reaching out for what pink represents. Pink is the symbol of self-love and other associated traits, include gentleness, compassion, and empathy, which is all that we need in the world right now.
Furthermore, we can all agree that pink does strike a perfect balance between a calm, free spirit with a tint of fun in it. Of course, dyeing your hair pink is a little punk, but if need be, it also offers an easy way out since it doesn't last very long. Also, it doesn't come with the risk for long-term staining compared to neon green colors.
- Best Pink Hair Dye with No Harsh Chemicals
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Pink Hair Dye
- Frequently Asked Questions on Best Pink Hair Dye
Best Pink Hair Dye with No Harsh Chemicals
1. ARCTIC FOX Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye
- Picture this: You’re laying on the beach with flowers in your hair. Ready to bring...
- #AFProTip: Want a lighter pastel pink hue? Start off with an Arctic Mist...
- Made only from vegan ingredients with no animal by products. No harmful chemicals in...
- Arctic Fox Hair Colors are gentle for frequent use and actually conditions your hair...
- DIY Formula, Hydrating + Zero Damage, Best Results With Pre-Lightened Hair, Always Do...
Arctic Fox is one of the popular, reliable brands in semi-permanent hair dyes. As one of the best pink hair dyes, you'd be pleased to know that this Virgin pink hair dye is made from vegan ingredients and is also pigmented so that it can pop on dark hair. This means that its vegan formula is free of harsh chemicals and ingredients that may damage your hair.
Besides giving you that intense color, it also comes with a conditioner to help hydrate your beautiful hair. The second-listed ingredient in its formulation is glycerine, which is best known for locking in moisture.
As a semi-permanent dye, Arctic Fox Hair Color only deposits color, and no developer is needed on the application. This also means that this semi-permanent color will fade after some time, but it also won't fade equally.
Unlike other pink hair dyes, this pink hair dye is formulated to fade to a color within its original color spectrum, so even as the color fades, its shades will continue to maintain the same gorgeous hue. This further implies that your base color will also determine your result. For intense color, consider applying it to pre-lightened hair.
After all your hard work, the Arctic Fox semi-permanent hair color should reveal a vibrant shade of hot pink on pre-lightened hair or deposit a lovely, deep magenta hue when applied to light brown hair. On average, it should last you a good 4-8 weeks, but it also greatly depends on what hair type you have and your hair care routine.
The holy grail #AFProTip if you want a lighter hue of pastel pink, is to start with the Arctic Mist diluter base; add a few drops of Virgin pink until you get the shade that you want.
2. Punky Cotton Candy Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Color
- Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Dye: Perfectly pastel! Punky Cotton Candy Semi...
- Non-Damaging & Conditions Hair: No need to add peroxide so this hair color is safe...
- Long-Lasting & Vibrant Hair Color: With color-enhancing Keratin Complex for a more...
- Easy To Use & Apply Hair Tint: Hair color made easy with Punky! Just apply the color...
- Trusted By Pros For Ultimate Hair Care: A leader in the hair color industry! Punky...
This semi-permanent hair dye cream formula gives a cotton candy shade for a dazzling pastel light pink shade, that is. As well, it ranks high on the list as one of the best pink hair dyes that also doesn't contain any ingredients or products derived from animals mixed into it.
With the Punky Cotton Candy semi-permanent conditioning hair color, you won't need to bleach your hair for it to pop. This dye is also a deep conditioning treatment that deep conditions your hair and minimizes any damage. The hair color from this dye lasts up to 25 washes, depending on your hair type and hair wash routine.
3. L'Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color
- Feria Is Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color: Known for shimmering color and edgy...
- Multi-Tonal, Shimmering Feria Hair Color: With 50 plus bold shades ranging from...
- L'Oreal Permanent Hair Color: L'Oreal Paris Hair Color comes in multiple formulations...
- Long Lasting Hair Color: Get beautiful color from L'Oréal Paris hair color;...
- L'Oreal Paris Innovation: We are a total beauty care company that combines the latest...
This custom-blended formula contains 3 sophisticated tones to give you a soft and dusty pink color for the best pastel colors. The smokey pastel color best suits application on light blonde hair. If your hair is dark, then you can use Feria Extreme Platinum first to lighten your hair, then wait for 14 days before applying this pastel pink hair color for a beautiful finish.
It is formulated with an exclusive triple oil blend of coconut oil, linseed, and sunflower oil to seal and smoothen your hair for silky soft hair and a pop of that vibrant color.
4. Manic Panic Amplified Semi-Permanent Hair Dye
The Manic Panic amplified formula is a semi-permanent hair color that should last at least 30% longer than the usual hair color. This formula will last through a good number of washes and should last roughly around six to eight weeks to fade so beautifully. This works great for you if you're fully keen and settled for pink hair.
On application, the dye gives you a particular shade that is vibrant and lusciously hot pink in color that you are bound to love. As also one of the best pink hair dyes, it's also fully vegan and cruelty-free. Its formulation is free from any damaging chemicals.
On application, it gives your hair a subtle glow for a sleek style. If you want to try something a little different, it can be mixed with other Manic Panic Amplified colors to give a custom shade. It is a ready-to-use hair color and as always, make sure to do a patch test.
5. Keracolor Clenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner
Color as you cleanse with the Keracolor color + Clenditioner. This is a non-lather cleansing conditioner that is cleverly designed to infuse color into your hair every time you wash instantly. While other dyes fade with every wash, this formula not only nourishes hair but also adds stunning hues to maintain the vibrancy and kick up of your color.
Generally, Keracolor products are Keratin-based to help promote hair strength, shine, and softness. It is cruelty-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free to give a gentle lather-free formula. As a cleanser, it cleans off dirt and buildup while it deposits a true and rich color. The color should last 10-15 shampoos washes, and the results depend on the Keracolor Color + Clenditioner tone that you choose and the condition of the hair before application.
Lighter hair will give more vibrant colors. For maximum color intensity, after doing the patch test, apply it to dry hair or apply multiple times until you achieve the desired color. To maintain your achieved tone, alternate your regular shampoo with the Clenditioner washes.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Pink Hair Dye
A) Permanent Vs. Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Permanent hair color means actually dyeing or color treating the hair follicle. It is a more intense procedure that involves opening up the hair follicle shaft, adding color, and changing your hair’s structure. Permanent hair color will lighten or darken your hair color by changing its tone. It usually provides full hair coverage that lasts up to 8 weeks.
On the other hand, semi-permanent hair color adds shine to the hair, which is why it's also called a hair gloss. It doesn't alter your hair's structure. And it also doesn't require to be mixed with a developer-activator before application.
You can't rely on it to either lighten or darken your hair, but it does work best in changing your hair color tone. Unfortunately, it also does not provide coverage for gray hair. Your pink dye, in this case, will last you up to 8 washes.
B) Base Color
Pink hair color will show best on blonde or bleached hair. If you're starting with dark hair, you might have to wait a little longer to get to the desired light pink shade or bleach to blonde hair before dyeing. Bleaching, however, is a harsh process and is best done professionally.
Apply pink hair dye according to skin undertone. Of course, you can always do a strand test, but the general rule of thumb is that people with a warm skin tone are advised to go for pink hair dyes with a warm shade of pink, either with yellow or orange hints, for a much more flattering effect. Likewise, people with cool undertones will work best with cool fuchsia hues or magenta pink shades with a tint of blue or violet undertone.
Pink hair dyes will fade faster than natural-looking hair dyes after a few washes. If you want to sport your rosy locks for a long time, then invest in color-safe shampoos, conditioners, and generally color-depositing products to help you maintain your light pink color between your salon visits.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Pink Hair Dye
1. How do I safely dye my hair pink at home?
- Before applying or using any products, always do a 48-hour strand test to determine whether you are hair type is suitable and whether you're comfortable with the results
- Check the box and manual to ensure the dye is suitable for your hair and color
- You can use an old towel to protect your clothes from color
- To avoid staining your skin, apply Vaseline, coconut oil, or hair food around your hairline
- Read the manufacturer's instructions on how to mix, apply and rinse off
- Wear gloves at all times
2. How long does the pink color last, and does permanent pink hair dye ever fade?
If the subsequent washes after the application of your semi-permanent color are infrequent, using cold water, you should get a good number of weeks from your new pink look. However, the results will differ from person to person. For example, on blonde hair, it will likely last longer.
Using warm water while you wash your hair opens up your hair cuticles, which then causes the color to escape. Using cold water doesn't have this effect, so your vibrant pink shade will stay fresher for longer.
Additionally, styling hair with heat can also negatively affect it, so avoid the straighteners and blowdryers. Alternatively, if you have to, you can use heat protectant sprays before styling.