It can be challenging to leave your baby's sight as a parent once you are fond of them. You would want to look for an alternative to make you feel safe when doing so even if you have to spend. That is where a baby monitor comes in. If you choose the best long-range baby monitor, the worry of leaving your baby unmonitored ends.
This article has compiled information that will help you choose the best long-range baby monitors to keep you at peace even when you are not near your infant. Before we proceed to the best product to choose from, let us define what a long-range baby monitor is for further understanding.
- What is a long-range baby monitor?
- How far away will a baby range monitor work?
- 1. Panasonic Video Baby Monitor
- 2. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 3. Phillips AVENT DECT Baby Monitor
- 4. VTech VM321 Video Baby Monitor
- 5. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
- Factors To Consider When Buying A Long-Range Baby Monitor
- Frequently Asked Questions On The Best Long Range Baby Monitor
What is a long-range baby monitor?
A long-range baby monitor can be either a video or audio unit covering up to 2000 feet. This device makes you feel safe and confident with leaving your babies by themselves because it monitors movements, sounds, temperature and even soothes your baby to sleep.
A long-range monitor is determined by its ability to maintain signals at longer distances. The size of your house will determine the range that will suit you. A small house will work well with a baby monitor with a lesser range than a big house.
The longer the range, the better because the range can be long, but the signal strength tends to be low due to obstructions. Now let us discuss the best long-range baby monitors currently on the market.
How far away will a baby range monitor work?
Buy on Amazon
1. Panasonic Video Baby Monitor
- Get the Best View and Smart Sense Alerts: Remote Pan, Tilt and Zoom, with clear...
- When Privacy Matters Most: Video and Audio is transmitted through secure DECT...
- Comfort Baby from Another Room: Listen and talk to baby using 2-way sound; calm baby...
- Expandable, Portable Baby Monitor: Compact system packs neatly packs in weekend bag...
The Panasonic video baby monitor is one of the best overall picks on amazon because of its fantastic features. The monitor is excellent if you are looking for an extra long-range device at a very reasonable price.
It has a two-way audio monitor that allows you to communicate with your baby and comfort them through the parent screen. It also minimizes interference by using ambient noise reduction to reduce background noises.
With its DECT digital technology, you can ensure that your baby's information and movements will be safe and secure from hacking. Some of its best features include:
a). A good battery life
The Panasonic video baby monitor has a battery life that can last up to thirteen hours on standby and five hours when used continuously.
b). It can have up to four cameras
You can get to monitor your baby in every room they are in or use it to monitor other rooms. It is an excellent idea since you can monitor your other kids too with the same baby unit.
You don't have to worry about the range since it has an extra long range that will cover all those rooms.
c). Soothing Music
The unit features a music player that you can use to play soothing sounds to calm your baby. The sounds include the white noise and lullabies that will help put your baby to sleep.
d). Smart Alerts
The intelligent alerts for this device include motion and sound sensors that monitor when your baby is moving or crying. It also has a temperature sensor that monitors the baby's room temperature fluctuations and will alert you once you are out of range.
e). Enhanced Remote Viewing
You can control the angles of the cameras in different positions using the remote. It also has a monochrome night vision camera with a 3.5-inch color screen that gives you infrared night vision to enable you to view your baby even in the dark.
2. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large...
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As...
- Robust And Mature Hardware - The Dxr-8 Is Fine Tuned And Refined Over Years Of...
- Privacy Guaranteed - Video And Audio Is Transmitted Via A Secure 2.4Ghz Channel With...
If you are looking for the best long-range baby monitor, this unit is among the best you will get. It has a unique design that gives you a clear view of the baby's room. In addition, it uses infant optics ability to view the room in different optical lenses, so you can customize the zoom and angle viewing to match your preference. You also get to view real-time feeds on its 3.5-inch color LCD that is sound-activated.
3. Phillips AVENT DECT Baby Monitor
- DECT technology guarantees zero interference, clear souund, with range up to 900 feet
- Parent unit is outlet or battery powered
- 5 sound activated LED lights to show sound level and comfort nightlight
- AA batteries not included
- Comfort night light
The Philip AVENT DECT baby monitor is the best-extended range monitor that can make you at peace with knowing where your baby is safe. The device is free from external interferences such as hackers due to its DECT technology.
In addition, it offers high-quality audio that gives you honest time communication. It possesses five-level sound indicator LED lights that alert you of the noise level of the baby's nursery even if the parent unit is in mute mode. It has a soothing night light that is warm and tranquil to calm the baby.
4. VTech VM321 Video Baby Monitor
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and one baby unit (camera)
- High resolution 2.8" color LCD screen - never miss your baby's smile
- Automatic IR night vision - view your baby at night without disturbing them.
- Comfort your infant with the 2-way talk-back intercom or choose to play one of five...
- Adjustable camera lens - the baby unit camera angle can be easily adjusted, ensuring...
VTech VM321 is a unique gadget that has a single default camera with an LCD monitor. The LCD screen display has a high resolution that gives you a 2.8" clear view. It has additional features of 5 preset lullabies and two-way communication to enable you to communicate with your young one.
In addition, it features a more extended Wi-Fi range of up to 1000ft, a common feature in most long-range baby monitors.
5. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s...
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to...
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what...
- SEE YOUR BABY DAY AND NIGHT – We use the latest infrared night vision technologies...
- WIDE VARIETY OF EXTRA HANDY FEATURES – Our audio video baby monitor is a perfect...
The Babysense baby monitor is one of the most manageable baby units to set up and use. Its audio, and video visuals are clear enough to offer you a reliable connection. The baby monitor comes with an infrared night vision feature to enable you to monitor your baby even in the dark. In addition, the unit gives you two-way communication satisfaction and a temperature sensor.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Long-Range Baby Monitor
1. Audio Or Video?
Do you prefer seeing your baby or hearing them? If you prefer seeing your baby, go for a video monitor. While if you are ok with hearing them, you can choose an audio one. An audio signal travels better than a video one, but it depends on the obstructions between the unit in the nursery and the parent monitor.
Since the audio signal works better than the video, it is better to go for it if you don't want to be glued to watching the video the whole day. An audio monitor allows you to do your other tasks while listening to your baby's movements.
2. House Size And Range
Do you have a big house? Having a big house will force you to pick a monitor with a long-range so that you don't lose connection from your baby when you are within the house. The range of monitors refers to how far the monitor will maintain its signal without any obstructions.
The range works well in open spaces. The advertised range can be lower depending on individual home arrangements since homes have obstructions such as walls, furniture, and so on, which could interrupt the signal.
Most monitors have a range of 1000 feet when in open space, but they only range at 150 to 400 feet when put indoors. Of course, each home differs in range because of the structure and arrangements but if your home is big, choose a monitor with a long range to give you a clear signal constantly.
3. Battery Life
Choosing a baby monitor with a long battery life will cut you the hassle of constantly charging it. Long battery life will cut you not only the stress of charging it after every 10 minutes but also the time of sitting next to a power outlet while charging to monitor your baby. Also, before you go to bed, ensure your monitor is fully charged to avoid noisy alarms waking you up when the battery dies.
4. Two-way Audio
Choosing a baby monitor with two-way audio will save you the time of consoling your baby when you are a little bit distant. Then, when the baby is awake, you can speak to them and comfort them.
When looking at frequency, consider one that will not be affected by other home electricals that work on the same frequency. For example, most baby monitors work on designated frequencies, and sharing a frequency can lead to signal interference.
Analog system monitors can be intercepted by the nearby baby monitor of the same frequency or accidentally by a scanner or receiver. It rarely happens, but a video can be intercepted and used to watch your baby. In the same way as videos, audio too can be intercepted, and a person could hear and communicate to your baby through the baby monitor.
7. Digital or Analog
When choosing a baby monitor, go for a digital one. Digital baby monitors have digitally enhanced cordless communications that are resistant to interferences. Analog systems can be insecure and can be easily intercepted, affecting your privacy and security.
Choose a baby monitor that alerts you any time you move out of range. Alarms can also alert you when the battery is about to die for you to recharge.
Sometimes it is hard to put a baby to sleep and with lights on makes it even worse. For example, some baby monitors come with blinking lights that may keep the baby from sleeping. You can go for a baby monitor without the blinking lights instead.
Since the baby monitor is electrically controlled, it could pose harm to your baby. Therefore, a baby monitor should not be placed in a baby's crib or cot. To ensure the baby does not reach the cord, place it at least 3 feet away. Also, the leads should be long enough to position your camera to be convenient for you to watch the baby.
Frequently Asked Questions On The Best Long Range Baby Monitor
1. Which Type Of Monitoring Device Is Considered The Best Range?
Each monitoring device is considered the best, depending on the range it covers. These devices come in audio, video and wireless. If you want the best range coverage, consider the audio baby monitor, it has the best coverage and performs effectively. However, you can look out for other features since they also determine the quality of the device.
2. How Can I Extend The Range Of My Baby Monitor?
Currently, you cannot use any device to extend the range of any baby monitor. But that should not worry you since there are measures you can take to increase it. The ranging signal of most baby monitors is affected by obstructions such as distance, walls and furniture.
A good baby monitor will have a range test in an open space, but obstructions minimize the range. You would love to hear the good news that you can extend the range of your monitor, but the only thing you can do is minimize interference. The range can also be affected by sharing frequency with other electronic devices in the house. To consider your success, make sure you have minimal interference.