One of the ways to create a strong relationship with a twelve-year-old boy is by getting them a suitable gift. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of options available, which makes it hard to narrow down to a specific option. Luckily, we've gone ahead to assemble a list of the best gifts for a 12-year-old boy.
This post features the top 9 options on the market and the factors for consideration as you make your pick.
Let's get started!
- 1. BEZGAR Toy-Grade Off-Road Remote Control Car
- 2. Difficult Riddles for Smart Kids
- 3. Ravensburger Marvel Villainous Board Game
- 4. Nintendo Switch Console - Perfect Gift for Video Game Lovers
- 5. Fun Brick Mug Funny Toy
- 6. MINGER LED Strip Lights
- 7. RIMABLE Complete 22 Inches Skateboard
- 8. OWL Hydraulic Arm Edge Kit
- 9. 4M Table Top Robot
- Why Should You Buy a Gift for a 12-Year-Old Boy?
- What are the Factors to Consider When Choosing Gifts for a 12-Year-Old Boy?
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. BEZGAR Toy-Grade Off-Road Remote Control Car
Topping our list of the best gifts for 12-year-old boys is the BEZGAR Toy-Grade RC Car. It's the best seller for remote-controlled cars on Amazon and for a good reason. It features a realistic look that will get any 12-year old boy super-excited and energized.
This toy is a great choice for kids since it has an aluminum alloy body designed to resist scratch, corrosion, and direct impact. As such, you don't have to worry about your kid damaging this remote control car since it's quite durable.
This cool toy is also one of the best gift ideas you can find, thanks to the easy-to-use remote controller, which allows you to control it from as far as 50 meters away. Plus, you can get several and enjoy a satisfying time racing with the whole family.
2. Difficult Riddles for Smart Kids
- Prefontaine, M (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 79 Pages - 05/17/2017 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing...
If you are looking for the best gift for a smart 12-year-old boy, you should go with this book of difficult riddles. It contains a maximum of 300 brain teasers which are arranged from the easiest to the hardest. This means that you can use this puzzle book to help encourage your kid to think outside the box.
You can play this game with the entire family for an amazing bonding experience. This book teaches kids to find creative solutions that can help them develop problem-solving skills. You won't have to guess the answers to the puzzles and riddles since there is an answer section at the back where you can check whether you are right or not.
3. Ravensburger Marvel Villainous Board Game
- Villainous Game System – In this asymmetric card game, each player takes the role...
- Perfect for Families and Marvel Fans – Whether you're playing with a group of...
- Great Replay Value – Adjust the difficulty of the game to your preference! Marvel...
- What You Get – Each game comes with 5 unique sculpted Villain movers, 5 Villain...
- Clear Instructions – Learn to play with a clear, high-quality, step-by-step...
Some 12-year-old boys prefer board games to cool toys which is why the third option among the great gifts for tweens is this Board Game. It's a good gift for socially active children since it allows them to play with family or friends. This game is based on the Marvel Comic World and will be fun to play if your kid is a Marvel fan.
This option is suitable for people ranging from 12 years of age to adulthood. It offers different difficulty levels allowing your kid to challenge themselves while playing this board game. Plus, it's a neat way to pass the time because it'll take about 40-80 minutes to complete it.
The step-by-step rulebook is detailed with clear instructions that are easy enough for a child to understand.
4. Nintendo Switch Console - Perfect Gift for Video Game Lovers
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for...
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)
Next, we have the Nintendo Switch Console, a great gift for tweens who love playing video games. Unlike a regular gaming console, the Nintendo Switch is specially designed for on-the-go playing. This means you can carry it with you and let your kid play games as you handle other tasks.
It can work with your TV, or you could hold it in your hands. With the long battery life on this device, you can rest assured that your kid won't bother you as you take care of your responsibilities. It is possible to get your family or friends to participate with some additional accessories.
So, if the other kids on the block have Nintendo Switch, you can get it for your boy to ensure he can have a good time with his friends playing various games.
5. Fun Brick Mug Funny Toy
Another option among the best toys for a 12-year-old is this fun brick mug assembled from building blocks. It's a safe bet if you are looking for a gift that can help inspire your kid's creativity. You can pick it out for a special occasion, and it can also provide an opportunity for you to engage your kids.
If you think that this mug is only useful to kids, you'll be surprised to know that it can help adults relieve stress. Assembling building blocks can be a safe and relaxing way to unwind after a tiring day for people of all ages. Plus, if you aren't satisfied with your purchase, you'll be covered by the satisfaction guarantee.
6. MINGER LED Strip Lights
- Multicolor changing: the RGB LED strip lights kit has not only RGB(Red, Green, Blue),...
- Remote control: 44-key IR remote allows you to choose colors, adjustable brightness...
- Bright LED Lights: it features 150 bright 5050 LEDs that easily light up a room,...
- Easy to install: with back adhesive and flexible strip design, it can stick on any...
- Notice for using: please do not roll up when using it to avoid whole strip getting...
If you have a kid who has a ton of games and toys, it can be tricky to find the best gift. Fortunately, you can go with these strip LED lights which are designed to change into various colors. You can fit them into your kid's room to improve the appeal and add style, which is pretty cool.
The package includes a remote control that you can use to adjust the brightness, select colors, and change lighting modes. This ensures your kids can have a personalized lighting experience in their room, making the space suitable for a birthday party, sleepover, or home gathering.
7. RIMABLE Complete 22 Inches Skateboard
- Rimable Plastic Cruiser Fully Assembled
- 22'' Long x 6'' Wide Deck With 100% Fresh Material
- High Quality 3” Thick Aluminium Trucks
- Super Smooth PU Wheel With High Speed Bearing
- Max Load Weight 198 LB (90KGS)
Something else that tweens love is outdoor fun. That is why you can alternatively get your kids a skateboard to keep them active outside the house. This skateboard comes in just the right size and in various colors to ensure you can find a suitable match for your child.
Your boy could use it to cruise to school if they live close by or for competing with his friends to do tricks and stunts. The light build of this skateboard ensures that children can safely ride on it without a high risk of falls. Plus, since it comes fully assembled, you won't need to do anything except rolling around on it straight out of the box.
8. OWL Hydraulic Arm Edge Kit
- Step away from the grid - Hydraulic Robotic Arm - No Electricity or batteries needed
- Discover hydro-mechanical technology and have fun operating your own hydro-mechanical...
- Removal the gripper and activate the suction apparatus. Enables operators to "vacuum"...
- 6 Axes of movement: Gripper opens to 1.89 inches, Wrist rotation 180 degrees, Wrist...
- Detailed graphic illustrations equate to successful kit building. - OWI products are...
You might have noticed that your kid is into robotic projects even at an early age. In such a situation, you should encourage them to pursue their interest by getting them a gift that matches their passions. That's why we recommend this OWL Hydraulic Arm Edge Kit, which is battery operated to ensure it works even in the absence of electricity.
This kit lets kids immerse themselves in the scientific world, improving their excitement towards math, science, and technology. Beginners might require some help assembling this robotic arm since it comes with 229 different parts. Nevertheless, it's a safe choice for a tech-savvy kid looking for something to play with.
9. 4M Table Top Robot
- The 4M table top robot introduces STEM mechanical and robotic engineering concepts...
- Kids build a scuttling mechanical crab that gets close but won't fall over the edge
- Easy to assemble, This robotics kit gives kids a real hands-on opportunity to build...
- Includes components, accessories and easy-to-follow instructions. You will need a...
- Recommended for ages 9 and up
Last but not least, we have the 4M Table Top Robot, a great choice for boys interested in STEM mechanical concepts. It's an awesome option since it makes learning more engaging as the boys make a scuttling mechanical crab that is easy to assemble.
It provides a hands-on approach to having educative fun since it allows kids to make the robot themselves. Unfortunately, the batteries aren't included in the package, which means you'll need to buy them separately.
Why Should You Buy a Gift for a 12-Year-Old Boy?
A good reason to buy a 12-year-old boy a gift is to create a strong connection in your relationship. An easy way to achieve this is with an engaging game that requires more than one player to work.
This will make it possible to involve friends and family in the game, which can help promote a healthy social life for your kids.
You can buy your child a toy that the other kids in your neighborhood have to ensure they feel like part of the community.
Another reason to buy your kid a gift is to motivate them towards a goal. For example, if you want your kid to work harder in school, you could promise to buy them a specific gift after they attain the goal. The accomplishment doesn't have to be academic in nature; it could also be sports or competition-related.
When you get your kid a gift for performing well, they will remain motivated to keep working hard in life. This can help build a positive character in your child, which will be helpful in their development.
You can also buy a gift for a tween as a symbol of appreciation and recognition. Kids don't always behave well or listen to their parents, which is why it's a good thing to reward your child if they are obedient. Buying them a gift in appreciation will help them establish a strong sense of belonging, necessary for healthy social development.
So, if you need a reason to buy your kid a gift, you can do it to appreciate and recognize them as a part of the family.
Most parents think that getting their kid a pet is the best way to nurture a sense of responsibility. However, the regular practice of watching, cleaning, and handling a pet can feel like an enormous task. As a safer alternative, you can get your kid a gift that requires proper maintenance to help them become more responsible.
If your child can competently take care of a toy and account for its whereabouts, you'll know they are ready to take care of a pet. The sense of responsibility is crucial since it can help the child develop independence and self-reliance, which is admirable.
What are the Factors to Consider When Choosing Gifts for a 12-Year-Old Boy?
Are you stuck wondering how to choose the best gift for your 12-year-old son? No need to fret any longer! Let's look at the factors to keep in mind when selecting a gift for your boy.
The first thing that can help you find a good gift for your kid is determining if they have any hobbies. Children have different hobbies; some like to read, others draw, while others like to play with their friends.
If you notice something they like to do, you can look for a toy or game that complements their favorite activities. You could also consider the type of interests or aspirations they have.
If you don't know what your kid is into, you can look at what's trending in your area. Most kids want to fit in with the other children living in the same neighborhood, which is why you can consider the toys or games popular among kids.
Getting your kid a trending toy as a gift will allow them to relate and play with their friends and build a healthy social life. You could also go with the items that are appealing to kids on TV ads or malls since your kid could easily start a cool trend.
The last factor to consider when choosing a gift is the occasion. Is it a Christmas gift, or is it your kid's birthday? There are different scenarios that make it easier for you to select a gift for them. For holidays like Christmas, you could ask them what they'd like or if it's their birthday, you could choose to surprise them with something out-of-the-box.
You could also get them something that matches the season or a recent movie that the entire family enjoyed. It should be something that they can easily associate with and use without hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best thing to get a 12-year-old boy?
The best gift to get a 12-year-old boy is the BEZGAR Toy-Grade Off-Road Remote Control Car, an easy-to-use and durable toy.
2. What would a 12-year-old want?
To determine what a 12-year old child wants, you should consider the popular toy trends, their hobbies, or the occasion.
3. What are the best gift ideas for a young boy?
Some of the best ideas for a tween include toys, board games, video games, skateboards, bikes, smartphones, etc.