If you've started cloth diapering, you know that the workhorse of a diaper is the insert. The insert is responsible for managing moisture presence in the diaper to ensure your baby sleeps soundly. With the best cloth diaper inserts, you can enjoy a worry-free time through the night since they will hold the moisture and keep your baby dry.
This post explores the best inserts and the factors to keep in mind as you make your choice.
Let's get started!
- 1. ALVABABY Charcoal Bamboo Inserts
- 2. Wegreeco Reusable Baby Cloth Diaper Inserts
- 3. Nora's Nursery Bamboo Cloth Diaper Inserts
- 4. Ecoable Hemp Diaper Inserts
- 5. Naturally Natures Cloth Diaper Inserts
- 6. KaWaii Premium Bamboo Inserts
- Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Cloth Diaper Inserts
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. ALVABABY Charcoal Bamboo Inserts
- FITS BABIES OF ALL SIZES – Dimension of bamboo charcoal insert:33cm in...
- SAVE MONEY & ECO-FRIENDLY – Our reusable bamboo charcoal insert are designed for...
- HIGN QUALITY– 5 layers design , the outside 2 layers are bamboo charcoal, the...
- 5-LAYERS – 5 Layers bamboo charcoal insert. It is 5 times than normal material...
- SINCERE SERVICE & NO RISK － 1 year guarantee. If you have any problems with the...
If you are looking for the best cloth diaper insert for your baby, it's the ALVABABY Charcoal Bamboo Inserts designed to fit babies of all sizes. This insert features five layers of natural fibers; the two outer layers comprise bamboo charcoal, while the three inner ones are made of microfiber. As a result, this is a super absorbent insert that you can use to ensure your baby stays comfortable while wearing a cloth diaper.
It's easy to use this set of diaper inserts because they have an intuitive design. They are also quite soft, ensuring that they won't irritate your baby's skin. You can enjoy a hassle-free time maintaining these inserts since they are machine washable. This means that you won't need to replace them any time soon since you can use them multiple times.
2. Wegreeco Reusable Baby Cloth Diaper Inserts
- Dimension of Insert: 34 cm in length (13.4 inch) * 13 cm in width (5 inch). Ages: 0-2...
- Super Absorbent and Soft: Inserts are made of 2 layers bamboo and 2 layers...
- One Size Fits All Design: Extremely slim design but maintains great absorbency and...
- Reusable & Machine washable: Wash inserts prior to first use. Warm water washing,...
- Bamboo Baby Diaper Inserts: As disposable baby diaper insert are getting very...
The next item on our list of the best cloth diaper inserts is the Wegreeco Reusable Diaper Inserts, designed for cloth diapers and pocket diapers. They are appropriate for babies of 0-2 years of age.
These absorbent inserts are made of two bamboo and microfiber layers that are absorbent and breathable. They will do a neat job of drawing moisture away from your baby's skin to keep them dry and comfortable through the night.
The Wegreeco Reusable Inserts have a slim profile that makes them easy to fit inside a cover cloth diaper without difficulty. They can last from when the baby is a newborn to when they become toddlers, making them a long-term solution for cloth diapering.
If you are looking for a way to cut the expenses of buying disposable diaper inserts regularly, these washable inserts will solve the issue.
3. Nora's Nursery Bamboo Cloth Diaper Inserts
- DRY AND COMFORTABLE - These diaper booster pads are designed in 4 layers, the outside...
- DIAPER INSERTS: Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and these cloth diaper inserts are...
- SLEEK ONE SIZE FITS ALL DESIGN - Extremely slim design but maintains great absorbency...
- ECONOMICAL & ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Disposable baby diaper inserts are expensive,...
- NO COMPRESSION LEAKS: Gussets contour to fit better and prevent leaking.
Thirdly, you must consider these bamboo cloth diaper inserts by Nora's Nursery. They are diaper booster pads that feature four layers of fabric, two bamboo viscose, and two inner microfiber layers. This provides extra absorbency necessary for pulling moisture away from your baby to keep them dry.
These hypoallergenic cloth diapers can be machine washed since they are reusable. As you wash them, they'll get softer and more absorbent over time which improves their functionality. The sleek design is meant to fit multiple sizes of pocket diapers. This eliminates the necessity for stocking up diaper inserts of different sizes.
Say goodbye to compression leaks with these bamboo cloth diaper inserts, thanks to the gussets contouring the surface for a better fit to prevent leakages.
4. Ecoable Hemp Diaper Inserts
- SUPER ABSORBENT: excellent overnight diaper inserts for heavy wetter little infants
- HEALTHY: hemp soaker minimizes baby diaper rashes
- GENTLE: natural hemp and cotton blend fibers are ideal for little baby's delicate...
- DURABLE: hemp is the toughest nature's fiber that will last through many washes
- ECO FRIENDLY: reusable diaper booster pads are great for environment and your budget
If your baby is a heavy wetter and you think that standard inserts won't cut it, don't fret. The Ecoable Hemp inserts are the perfect solution to such a situation. They are as effective as absorbency booster pads and can ensure a peaceful night's sleep for your baby.
These inserts are designed to take in larger amounts of moisture and hold it for longer than most microfiber inserts. This means that these hemp diaper inserts are a reliable option for keeping your baby dry and happy at night which is why it's among the best cloth diaper inserts.
Since these inserts are compatible with most diaper brands, you can easily use them with wool covers, waterproof covers, or a pocket diaper. Before they reach maximum absorbency, you'll need to wash these inserts several times. The blend of hemp and organic cotton fibers is specially designed to be comfortable and soothing to your baby's skin.
5. Naturally Natures Cloth Diaper Inserts
- Keep Your Baby Dry and Comfortable: Our cloth diaper inserts are made from cozy and...
- 5 Layers of Absorbency: Our charcoal inserts for cloth diapers feature 2 layers of...
- Good for The Earth and Your Wallet: These reusable diaper inserts are machine...
- Unmatched Quality: Made from bamboo charcoal, our cloth inserts for diapers are...
- For Growing Babies: Measuring 13” long by 5” wide, our charcoal diaper inserts...
The Naturally Natures inserts are a great pick for anyone tired of dealing with leaky diapers. These five-layer inserts maximize absorption capabilities to ensure ideal protection for your baby. The two layers on the outside are made from bamboo fleece, and the inner layers are made from microfiber material.
The bamboo fiber wicks moisture away from the baby to keep the skin dry for a good night's rest. They can easily fit all one-size diapers and are designed to be long-lasting. As a result, you can use them at every growth stage of your baby, which helps to cut costs.
These inserts are machine washable, making them easy to maintain. The color won't display any stains on the inserts, which is impressive. All in all, you won't go wrong with these pocket diaper inserts.
6. KaWaii Premium Bamboo Inserts
- 100% ORGANIC BAMBOO: The one size premium bamboo insert is a 5-layered insert made...
- ULTRA-ABSORBENT AND ULTRA-SOFT: These inserts are ultra-absorbent and ultra-soft. The...
- GENETAL WASH & CARE: Rinse your wet and dirty diapers and inserts before putting in a...
- PERFECT FOR use with KaWaii Baby one size pocket cloth diapers or covers, or as...
- SIZE: Measures at approximately 14 x 5 inches (35.5 x 12.7 cm).
If you'd rather go with inserts made completely from natural fiber, the KaWaii Premium Bamboo Inserts will be a great selection. These 5-layered natural fiber inserts are made of 100% organic bamboo fabric, gentle on delicate skin, and very absorbent.
These soft inserts have a foldable design that allows you to increase their absorbency. You'll need to wash these inserts a couple of times to make the natural fabric more absorbent. Some shrinkage is to be expected, and the layers will appear to get thicker.
The KaWaii cloth diaper inserts are designed to fit in any diaper cover or pocket. As such, you can comfortably use it with your current diapers without hassle, making them one of the best cloth diaper inserts on sale.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Cloth Diaper Inserts
1. Insert Styles
Cloth diaper inserts are available in various styles depending on how you use them with the diaper. Some of the styles you will come across include;
Flats - These inserts look like a large square which you'll have to fold to resemble a pad before using it in the diaper. An example of these inserts is cotton flats.
Prefolds - Pre-folded diapers are those that have been folded and sewn into a pad shape. You can use them alone or as inserts.
Trifold - These are wider-style inserts that you have to fold in thirds before applying them to the diaper.
Pad - Pad inserts comprise multiple layers of fabric that are seen together to form a singular insert designed to fit in a diaper.
Snake-Style - This insert looks like a long strip that you'll need to fold into shape to fit the diaper. The folding also improves absorbency.
Petal-Style - These involve combining two or more thin inserts on one end.
Microfiber is a common material used to construct microfiber inserts. It's absorbent, which is why it's suitable for making the cheapest inserts for taking in liquids. Additionally, it dries quite quickly hence suitable to wash. Over time, a microfiber insert will flatten and become prone to compression leaks. When this happens, you'll need to get yourself another insert.
Something else to know about your microfiber insert is that it'll build up a stink after multiple uses. Since it's super absorbent, you shouldn't place it directly against the skin of your baby since it can cause rash development.
- Organic Cotton
Another economic material used to make inserts is organic cotton. It's available in various finishes and is absorbent. Cotton inserts are suitable for heavy wetters since they can hold a higher amount of moisture than other fabrics. Unfortunately, the downside to this material is that it absorbs slowly and is quite bulky.
Bamboo is among the most expensive fabrics used for making inserts for cloth diapers. This is because bamboo fabrics go through harsh processing sessions to produce a soft, trim, and absorbent feel. A bamboo insert can pull moisture to keep your baby's skin dry and comfortable.
Hemp is another option for those who prefer natural fibers. It's a high-quality material that tends to have a higher price tag than other insert materials. A hemp insert is the best option for heavy wetters since it can hold most moisture. Since hemp feels a bit stiff, most hemp inserts are made of hemp and cotton.
This material is made from polyester, but it's gentle enough to place against the skin. It's soft, plush, stain-resistant, and absorbent.
Velour material is made from a combination of cotton and bamboo. That is why there are bamboo velour and cotton velour insert options. The natural fibers add breathability and comfort to this material.
This material is made of a combination of natural and synthetic fibers. It's specially designed to prevent compression leaks and is absorbent. Unfortunately, it's very expensive and can only be placed in the middle because they pill when washed.
3. Types of Diapers
The insert you select could also depend on the type of diaper you use for your baby. Some of the common cloth diaper options include
- Pre folds or old school cloth diapers
- Contoured diaper
- Disposable diapers
- Fitted diapers
- All-in-one diapers
- Pocket diapers/ waterproof cover
- Hybrid diaper
4. Absorbency Capabilities
One of the things cloth inserts need is an absorbent material. This is because inserts are meant to take in moisture and hold it away from the baby's skin. As such, it's crucial that the entire diaper is made from fabrics that can absorb moisture quickly and efficiently.
They'll also have to be capable of holding the moisture for long hours. If you use overnight diapers, the next time you are checking, the condition of the diaper could be in the morning. If the material in the insert isn't absorbent, the moisture will leak and stain the bedding materials.
Before you use your insert, you should ensure it's comfortable on the skin. Babies have soft, smooth, delicate skin which can be harmed by the slightest discomfort. The insert material should be one that won't affect the condition of the skin.
If you are using an insert made from polyester or microfiber, you'll need to sandwich it between a liner to prevent direct contact with the skin of the baby. This is because they can pull moisture from the skin and cause rashes to form.
Other inserts are safe for use, but you should ensure they have a gentle feel on the skin.
You can choose disposable or reusable inserts for your diapering system. Disposable types have no maintenance requirements since they can be thrown away or flushed after use. However, cloth diaper inserts that are reusable will require you to clean them after they get soiled.
The reusable inserts in this post are all machine washable. This means that you can safely throw them into your washing machine and clean them without difficulty. Nevertheless, you should ensure that you follow the manufacturer's directions for cleaning the inserts. Otherwise, you might end up with issues like shrinkage or pilling, which could affect the longevity of the cloth inserts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best cloth diaper insert?
The best cloth diaper insert you can buy is the ALVABABY Charcoal Bamboo Inserts which are super absorbent, comfortable, and easy to clean.