The life of every woman drastically changes the minute she delivers her baby, most especially if she's a working mom. Things like feeding the baby as you try to keep up with your work schedule can get a little crazy. But what if you could get your hands on the best breast pump for working moms.
A nifty little breast pump that is perfectly designed with the working mom in mind to help ease off things. As your body starts to prepare to adjust to the new rollercoaster life and as you work towards getting everything back on track, you will slowly learn your newborn, and you will need a breast pump that is specifically designed to work with your schedule.
Breast pumps come in different pump performances, have different portability, and might need different accessories. A working mom needs the best breast pump that is of great quality, strong, and portable. Health professionals normally recommend breastfeeding babies until they are at least 6 months of age.
This means that a breastfeeding working mom has to learn how to work while she pumps. Generally, an electric breast pump will work best for most working moms. Working moms will need the best breast pump for working moms to pump their breast milk before they leave for work or while they are at work and store the supply for later.
- The Best Breast Pump for Working Moms in the Market
- Factors to Consider to Buy the Best Breast Pump for Working Moms
- Frequently Asked Questions on The Best Breast Pumps for Working Moms
The Best Breast Pump for Working Moms in the Market
1. Spectra S1 Rechargeable Hospital-grade Breast Pump
- Includes: Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double/Single breast pump, 12 volt AC power...
- Closed system: No need to clean the narrow tubing because Spectra S1 has a closed...
- Rechargeable battery: Spectra S1 has a convenient, inbuilt rechargeable battery
- Customizable settings: Each mother can customize her pump’s settings to her own...
- Mommy owned: Spectra Baby USA is owned and run by registered nurses, board certified...
The Spectra S1 is a hospital-grade breast pump known to be one of the most comfortable breast pumps to use in the market. Word on the street is that these breast pumps are far superior to personal pumps. Here's why:
- These breast pumps have closed system pumps
- More than one mother can use them
- They have a larger capacity
- They have better suction settings compared to the “over the counter” breast pumps
- They are stronger and better suited for the early establishment of milk supply
If you are a new mom struggling with low milk supply, or breastfeeding multiples, or are a working mom, the S1 is a great affordable hospital-grade breast pump.
This rechargeable electric breast pump kit comes with:
- 4 (6oz) large neck bottles with no nipples
- 2 pumping tubes
- 2 medium flanges
- 2 diaphragms
- 2 valves
- 1 bottle tote and carry tote
- An AC wall adapter
The Spectra is also popularly known for the two settings it works in, the Massage mode and the Expression mode. This electric breast pump starts with the Massage mode. This mode is short and is designed to stimulate the mom's body letdown reflex, mimicking how the baby sucks on the breast when it first starts to nurse.
Then it switches to the expression mode. A deeper and slower suction pattern that is meant to mimics how the baby feeds after the milk has already let down.
What's more, the mom can switch back and forth between the two modes, a feature that is most helpful for mothers who are having a hard time with letdown when pumping.
2. Medela Freestyle Hands-free Breast Pump
- Double-electric, daily-use breast pump. Two sizes of Personal Fit breast shields for...
- Rechargeable battery and lightweight motor let you pump on-the-go. When single...
- Digital display features a memory button, timer and backlight
- Pump made in Switzerland; battery and accessories made in USA, China, Taiwan and...
- Portable microfiber carry bag designed specifically for your Freestyle breast pump...
As a working mum, you need a super-strong light breast pump that comes with lots of pump accessories, and the Medela Freestyle pump is the perfect pump for you. This hands-free pump weighs under one pound and is compact, making it ideally portable to carry around.
It comes with a 3-hour rechargeable battery which works great for on-the-go working moms. It works in the Medela 2-phase expression technology, the Simulation, and the Expression mode. This pumping pattern mimics how the baby nurses to optimise the time, meaning you pump the milk in less time.
The simulation mode starts; it simulates the baby’s rapid sucking action to signal your milk to start flowing. Then the expression mode simulates the baby’s deep suckling after a milk flow letdown. It also has a “Letdown” button which you can press to help you switch to expression mode.
It comes with pump features such as a backlit digital screen for a nighttime pumping session, and the pump also features a timer and a memory button. A memory button usefully allows the mom to save her preferred pumping pattern. With this, the pump automatically switches from simulation to expression mode exactly how you like it during subsequent pumping sessions.
The Freestyle double-electric breast pump kit also includes 2 (medium and large size) Personalfit breast shields. The best part is it comes with attachments that give you a Hands-free attachment option making your pumping sessions hands-free.
The Medela Freestyle kit includes:
- A Freestyle Pump
- 2 PersonalFit breast shields
- 2 breast shield connectors
- The tube set
- 4 (5oz) breast milk bottles with lids
- Microfiber tote bag
- Cooling bag with an ice pack
- Straps for the hands-free pumping
3. Medela Pump in Style Double Electric Pump
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Thanks to its patented and...
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS AND ACCESSORIES: Single knob adjustable speed and vacuum with...
- EASY PORTABILITY: Built in to its discreet tote bag and equipped with a portable...
- OVERFLOW PROTECTION: Closed system at the motor, which prevents milk from entering...
- INCLUDES: Built-in breastpump in tote; Battery pack; Cooler bag and ice pack; (4)...
Medela company was founded in 1961 and has ever since existed as an expert advocate of breastfeeding by providing various innovative breast pumps. Still, the one popularly loved by working moms is the Medela pump in style advanced.
The Medela double electric breast pump is perfect for mothers who need to pump a couple of times a day. It comes in 3 different classy bags that moms can choose from; On-the-go-tote, Backpack, or the Metro bag. The breast pump comes with a dial that you can use to adjust the vacuum for a more comfortable pumping experience.
Woking moms love it even more since it allows you to pump your precious breast milk in just a couple of minutes each session, which comes as a great time saver, especially for working moms who have to get back to work or make more use of their lunch break.
This Medela double electric breast pump kit comes with everything the working mom needs while she's away from home, which includes:
- 1 microfiber bag
- 4 (5oz) breast milk bottles and lids
- 1 cooler bag and an ice pack
- 1 double pumping machine with 24mm breast shields
- 1 (9-Volt) AC adapter
- 1 battery pack
The removable cooler bag is contoured with an ice pack and can hold up to 4 breast milk bottles. All the plastic parts that come into contact with the milk are made out of BPA-free plastic. The pumping works by mimicking the real baby feeding experience by the use of the two-phase expression technology.
It starts by placing a fast, lighter pull on the mom's nipple, which then signals the milk to begin flowing. Afterwhich the breast pump begins the full-on pumping to remove the milk all by using a one-touch button. The pump works for both breasts at a go, but you can also do one breast at a time.
The pump kit accessories such as the cooler bag, ice packs, and four bottles make it easy for the working mom to safely store the milk in a cool environment until they get home. The pump is also portable and comes with a motor that definitely does the job. However, it can get a little too loud.
4. Willow Hands-Free Wearable Breast Pump
- COMPLETELY MOBILE & SPILL PROOF: Willow Generation 3 Pump fits in your bra and goes...
- ENGINEERED FOR MORE MILK & MORE COMFORT: Generation 3 offers 7 levels of suction...
- PUMP AND TRANSFER MILK EASILY: Easily pump directly into the containers and pour into...
- COMPLIMENTARY 1:1 COACHING: Our breakthrough technology is unlike any other pump on...
- QUIET & HASSLE FREE: No loud sucking sounds. Easy to assemble, with just a few...
Hands down, Willow is one of the best wearable breast pump on the market. Tagged as the world’s first in-bra, all-in-one, wearable breast pump, it lets working mothers go about their day while pumping the milk. Talk about convenient breast pumps for working moms.
Unlike other electric breast pumps for working moms, the Willow doesn’t come with long connectors or tubes; instead, it comes with flanges, breast milk collection bags, and an exceptionally quiet motor. The two separate pumps can be slipped into your bra and over your breasts.
The Willow wearable breast pump automatically senses and switches from stimulation mode to expression mode. Using the willow app, you can track your pumping milk collection and how long you have pumped. It offers a stress-free system that easily makes it the best wearable breast pump ideal for working mothers.
5. Medela Sonata Double Electric Pump
- FREE MONTH OF 24/7 LC: Receive instant access to live lactation consultants, day or...
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breast Pump Product in the U.S.*
- HOSPITAL PERFORMANCE IN A PERSONAL USE PUMP: Inspired by our Symphony pump, Sonata is...
- INNOVATION: Sonata was engineered with 2 clinically tested options for pumping rhythm...
- SMART CAPABILITIES: Seamless connection to the MyMedela app allows for streamlined...
The Medela Sonata is a portable double electric breast pump that is hospital-grade. It integrates a sleek touchscreen that synchronises with the MyMedela application to give mothers a customised pumping experience, including the ability to track their pumping session and milk collection.
Like most, the Sonata features Medela's 2-phase expression technology to automatically mimic how a child nurses and the Responsive pump technology.
The Sonata kit comes with:
- A Sonata breast pump
- 2 (24mm) breast shields
- 2 (27mm) breast shields
- 4 milk collection bottles with lids
- 2 milk bottle stands
- 2 connector caps
- 2 membranes
- 2 connectors
- 2 valves
- A power adapter
- A tote bag
- An ice pack
- A cooler milk bag
Factors to Consider to Buy the Best Breast Pump for Working Moms
A. The pump strength – if you're a working mother, you'll need a strong pump that ensures that you pump enough milk in a limited time frame.
B. Double electric pump – unlike other types of breast pumps such as single electric breast pumps or even manual breast pumps, the best double electric pumps on the market will save you time and yield more milk
C. Accessories – the right pumping accessories will complement your pump experience. Look out for things like spare pumping parts, a quality pump bag, a pump-to-feed system, a good cooler, etc
D. Portability – as a working mother, consider getting a portable breast pump that lets you pump even when you are on the go or don't have access to a wall power outlet. Go for a battery system pump that can run off batteries.
E. Light–for your convenience, go for a lightweight, portable breast pump that you can easily carry around
Frequently Asked Questions on The Best Breast Pumps for Working Moms
1. What is the best breast pump for large breasts?
A few include:
- Lansinoh SmartPump Double Electric Breast Pump
- Medela Symphony Advanced Breast Pump
- Medela Advanced Personal Double Breast Pump
- Elvie Silent Wearable Breast Pump
2. Which is better between Spectra and Medela?
Both breast pumps will give you good output, and they’re both legitimately solid options. However, of the two, Spectra has some additional features that will push it over the edge for you and overall is very efficient.
However, many moms site Medela as being a little more straightforward to use. So it all falls to what you prefer.