Babies usually have weaker and immature systems, and they will require maximum hygienic routines to help prevent germs and bacterial infections. Remember that milk is a medium that bacteria can grow fast, and to sterilize feeding bottles, you will need the best bottle sterilizer to support them in staying healthy.
- What is a bottle sterilizer?
- 1. Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer
- 2. Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
- 3. Tommee Tippee Advanced Steam Electric Sterilizer
- 4. Wabi Baby UV Sterilizer and Dryer for Baby Bottles
- 5. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer
- What’s the difference between cold water, steam, and UV sterilizers?
- Factors to Consider while Buying the Best Bottle Sterilizer
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Bottle Sterilizer
What is a bottle sterilizer?
A sterilizer is a contrivance used to kill germs and bacterial and keeps things sanitary. A Bottle sterilizer is used to kill the germs in and on the surface of the baby bottles that have already been cleaned. Most sterilizers can purify or sterilize breast pump parts, baby feeding bottles, pacifiers, and even toys.
Having a baby bottle sterilizer is important since it will help protect your baby against infections, especially diarrhea and vomiting. To help you find the best sterilizers for bottles, we have compiled a list of the best sterilizers that will help promote the general help of your baby.
1. Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer
- Uses natural steam to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria without chemicals
- Sterilizes baby bottles and other baby products in just 2 minutes
- Measuring 6.5 by 11 inches, it fits in most microwave ovens; safety clips keep the...
- Lightweight, compact design makes it ideal for use when traveling
- Holds up to 4 Philips Avent bottles at once; compatible with both standard and wide...
The Philips AVENT microwave baby bottle sterilizer is one of the best BPA-free sterilizers and will kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria in few minutes. This microwave bottle sterilizer functions at a much greater temperature than the regular dishwashers.
The microwave sterilizers usually use the power of a microwave to produce natural steam. This microwave sterilizer comes in a compact design and is lightweight and easy to use. In addition, it has safety clips that will securely fasten the lid to the base.
The amazing part is that the bottles can remain sterile for up to 24 hours in this electric bottle sterilizer. The microwave sterilizer will be able to handle up to four 9 ounce Philip Avent bottles. Moreover, it has a rack that will hold four storage cups and non-electric Philip Avent pump parts at a go.
2. Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
- Easy steam cleaning: quickly eliminate 99.9% of most common bacteria and germs in...
- Thoroughly disinfects in about 3 minutes: designed for Efficient, effective...
- Reusable steam bags for bottles, pump parts, and more: Each bag can be used up to 20...
- Made without BPA: all Medela breast milk bottles and products that come in contact...
- Made with food contact grade materials: and are manufactured according to good...
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags is the best bottle sterilizer that will eliminate 99.9 % germs and bacteria and prevent a weakened immune system for your baby. The steam sterilization will only take up to 3 minutes and will function using water.
Medela Quick Clean Micro Steam bag is portable, flexible, and super convenient. The Micro Steam Bag is known for efficiently sterilizing baby bottles, bottle brushes, teething rings, pacifiers, bottle nipples, measuring cups, and breast pump accessories.
The amazing part is that you can use these bags up to 2o times because they have durable. In addition, the will give you the ability to organize and store the breast pump parts and accessories in the bags.
3. Tommee Tippee Advanced Steam Electric Sterilizer
- KILLS VIRUSES* AND 99.9% OF BACTERIA: Viruses & bacteria don't stand a chance against...
- QUICK STERILIZATION CYCLE: The Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer delivers 6...
- TIME-SAVING: Use this baby bottle sterilizer to sterilize your bottles and other...
- EASY TO USE: One-button-start and auto shut-off for safety. The easy-lift handles...
- COMPATIBILITY: Use this electric sterilizer with baby bottles from other brands as...
Tommee Tippee Advanced Steam Electric Sterilizer runs on a steam cycle and kills 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria without any chemicals. It is simple to use and operate and will only sterilize baby bottles in 5 minutes.
The Nature electric steam sterilizer can efficiently sterilize teethers bottles, breast pump components, and other feeding stuff. In addition, the sterilizer features easy lift handles and a drying rack that lets the items dry after use.
The electric sterilizer will is not only compatible with Tommee Tippee bottles only but can sterilize bottles, soothers, and breast pump components from other brands too. Additionally, it has one easy-to-use start button and an auto shut-off button that prevents overheating and enhances safety.
4. Wabi Baby UV Sterilizer and Dryer for Baby Bottles
- Advanced Ultraviolet Sterilizers – Designed with a simple touchscreen that lets you...
- Multipurpose UV Sterilization – A gentle, low-heat system this is more than a...
- Space-Saving Sterile Storage – Once items have been sterilized you can use our...
- Automatic Sanitization Process – The user-friendly touch panel on top lets you set...
- Superior Germ Elimination – Our sterilization machine uses dual UV bulbs to safely...
Wabi UV bottle sterilizer and dryer is an advanced ultraviolet sterilizer designed to kill germs and bacteria with a simple touch. The sterilizer also dries bottles with the bottle dryer that comes with it.
The baby bottle dryer and sterilizer will sterilize bottles in 30 minutes and can even store them for you. The multipurpose UV bottle sterilization device uses a mild heat system that emits UV rays that are safe to be used in baby feeding stuff.
The wondrous part is that you can use the Wabi sterilizer as a storage area once you have sterilized and dries the bottles. Additionally, they are favorite bottle sterilizers to most moms because they are user-friendly, have easy control panels, and can easily be placed on any kitchen counter space.
5. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer
- Preprogrammed warming settings for variety of baby bottle types, sizes, and starting...
- Audible alarm with auto-shut off prevents overheating
- One-button start with last-setting memory for faster warming
- Safe sterilizer cleans 99.9% of household germs from parts, pacifiers, and a whole...
- Fits all Dr. Brown’s Baby Bottles and most other bottle brands
Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer is one step bottle sterilizer that takes just eight minutes to kill 99.9 percent of the germs on your bottles, pacifiers, or breast pump pieces. The bottle warmer and sterilizer are easy to use or operate, making it convenient for any mom.
Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer come with a measuring cup to help you measure the amount of water you will use. You will only be required to place the bottles in the sterilizer and press a button.
The most amazing thing is that it can be used to sterilize six tall bottles at a go. Additionally, it has preprogrammed warming settings that are suitable for a variety of bottle types and sizes. Moreover, they feature an audible alarm that shuts off automatically t prevent overheating.
What’s the difference between cold water, steam, and UV sterilizers?
As you look for the best bottle sterilizer for baby's bottles, you will keep in mind three main kinds of sterilizer, cold water, sterilizers, and steam bottle sterilizers.
1. Steam Bottle Sterilizer
The steam sterilizers are available in either the electric steam sterilizer or microwave steam sterilizer options. They will mainly function by adding cold distilled water, which will be heated and form steam that will kill the germs on and in the bottle. Most microwave and electric steam sterilizers are fairly priced and will even have the option of having both a steam sterilizer and dryer.
2. UV Sterilizers
The UV sterilizers usually use UV light to kill bacteria and germs. The Uv sterilizers are normally relatively more costly but are the most eco-friendly options since they do not require water and will not use as much energy as cold water or steam sterilizers.
3. Cold-water sterilizers
Coldwater sterilizers are another kind that will work greatly by simply adding an antibacterial tablet or fluid into water. Mostly these methods are used in hospitals or are great if you are sterilizing many bottles at once. The remarkable thing is that this method will work in less than 20 minutes and effectively kill germs.
Factors to Consider while Buying the Best Bottle Sterilizer
1. Sterilizing method
It is important to know the method you are planning to use to sterilize your bottles before purchasing a sterilizer. There are three main methods to sterilize you can use boiling water, steam sterilizing, and chemicals.
Most sterilizers use steam and can be powered by electricity, a battery, or a USB cable. Additionally, an important point to note is that while using the best baby bottle sterilizer, you should use distilled water to prevent mineral scale buildup in your sterilizer.
While purchasing a sterilizer, it would help if you get a bottle sterilizer and dryer that will not leave your bottles wet. This way, you will not need to dry the bottle yourself. Additionally, you can choose the dry-only options, which require you to wash the bottles and dry them with the sterilizers.
When purchasing a sterilizer, you have to keep in mind the amount of counter space you have. If you are using it in small spaces, you will want to get a plugin sterilizer. Most of the best bottle sterilizers can hold four to six bottles and have enough space for your breast pump parts and pacifiers. Therefore it is wise to get a baby bottle sterilizer that will meet your needs.
4. Bottle Compatibility
You have to ensure that you get a sterilizer compatible with the baby bottle brands you own or plan to purchase. You will find that most of the sterilizers and dryers are compatible with literally any bottle brand; however, you will find that some will only be used with specific brands.
A good example is the Philips Avent 3 in 1 electric steam sterilizer, and it comes with features that only allow you to use bottles from a specific brand. Additionally, you will find that some bottles are wider or longer than others, and getting a bottle sterilizer and dryer that is not compatible with the sizes of the bottle you have will not help.
While purchasing the best baby bottle sterilizers, you will have to remember that your baby will eventually grow and need to sterilize other baby staff. For instance, you will use teethers, cups, breast pumps, and pacifiers at some point, and you will also need to sterilize them at some point.
Therefore, you will have to get a baby bottle sterilizer that will cater to all this without going back to the shop to get a new sterilizer each time. In addition, you will also need a flexible and portable sterilizer that can easily fit in your purse or a diaper bag; this way, you are sorted if you are traveling.
Another vital feature that you will need to look for as you purchase a sterilizer is the cleaning time provided by the sterilizer you choose. Here you will look at the number of bottles the sterilizer can handle and the amount of time needed to clean them. Most of them will provide a short cleaning and drying cycle which is way convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Bottle Sterilizer
1. Is sterilizing bottles better than washing?
Of course, using the best bottle sterilizer is way better than using soap and water to clean. Using soap and water will washing bottles and remove germs, but while sanitizing, you will remove more germs and still clean the bottles perfectly. That been said, sanitizing feeding items provide more protection against germs.
2. When should you upgrade baby bottles?
Upgrading infant bottles is really up to you, and it doesn't really have the right time. It's okay to use one level feeding bottle throughout; however, you will change the bottles for energetic and aggressive eaters. To know when to change or upgrade the baby's bottle, you will have to check as the baby feeds to see how the flow is.
3. How many bottles a day does a newborn need?
It is advisable that you feed your newborn baby at least every 4 to 5 hours. This, therefore, means you will need even to wake your baby up to feed. Babies that are will most likely breastfeed, and you will need the sterilizer at around 2 to 3 months; at this time, they will take up to six bottles in 24 hours.
4. Are baby bottle sterilizers safe?
Yes, it is safe and very important to sterilize baby bottles. The sterilizers will kill 99.9 of bacteria which makes it safe and helps protect your baby from any health issues brought about by the bacterias. The amazing part is that the sterilizers are quick ad pretty easy to use.