Every parent should get the best blue-light-blocking glasses for kids because they may strain their eyes because they sit in front of a computer for long hours. Earlier last year, kids started learning from home, and there has been an increase in issues like fatigue, eye strain, blurry vision, headache, and other visual issues.
Blue light glasses are one way to help the kids relieve eye strain and other related issues. A wide range of non-prescription blue light glasses is meant to protect the kids from harmful blue light. For this reason, it can be a bit challenging to know which computer glasses have value in terms of durability and performance.
If you're in search of a pair for your child, we have rounded up the five best blue light blocking glasses available today, their pros and coons, as well as several factors you need to consider before buying Blue light blocking kids glasses.
- 5 Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses for Kids
- Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Blue Light Glasses
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Blue Light Blocking Glasses for Kids
5 Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses for Kids
1. Outray Kids Computer Clear Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- Anti blue light- Kid's glasses for daily use when kids using a computer, iPad or...
- Ages 3-12 - The eyeglasses generally fit boys and girls from ages 3 to 12, but it...
- FDA Certification- Outray is the professional eyewear brand in USA with the FDA...
- Durable and Lightweight - Frame Material: Plastic; Lens Material: Polycarbonate; You...
- You can return the defective products for repairing or exchanging for free at any...
The Outray Kids Computer Blue Light Blocking Glasses, designed to fit kids ranging from three to twelve years, block 99% blue light. These glasses are lightweight and feature polycarbonate lenses that won't easily break if dropped.
They also have clear lenses which won't add any pigment to your kid's vision. Moreover, they will also protect against UV light. The frame is made from a durable plastic material that looks attractive and has a great build quality. The one-piece nose pad is stable enough and won't slide down.
These glasses will come with a cleaning cloth to help you clean the lenses and a blue light tester. They are also available in 14 different frame colors, which means you can find one that matches your needs and preferences. The glasses are certified by FDA to be safe for use for kids.
2. AHXLL Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses 2 Pack
- BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING - Kid's glasses (NON-prescription) for daily use when kids using...
- SOFT AND COMFORATBLE: The frame of the gaming glasses is made of TR90 which is...
- REDUCE EYESTRAIN: Anti blue light glasses for kids can alleviate children’s eye...
- AGES 3-9: Classic design computer glasses for kids, is suitable for both boys and...
- GUARANTEE：If has any quality problem, we promise refund all. Each AHXLL product...
The AHXLL Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses 2 Pack are highly rated blue light filters sold as two so that the kid can switch between the different styles and colors depending on their preferences and mood. They are designed for kids between the age of 3 to 9 years old.
The frames are made from a TR90 material that is bendable and flexible to match every child's needs. They also feature a comfortable and soft silicone nose pad that helps them stay in place. Every two-pack comes in different colored glasses, which means you can always find one that matched your liking.
The glasses are also durable, lightweight, and shatterproof, which means they won't easily break when dropped. If you're in search of gaming glasses for kids with blue light blocking technology, then you will definitely love these AHXLL Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses 2 Pack.
3. Aieyezo Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING LENS ►Provide 100% blue light blocking. Blue light penetrates...
- SAFETY SKIN-FRIENDLY FRAME ►TPEE rubber flexible square frame, soft material, good...
- PROTECT YOUR KIDS EYES ►Digital screen can emit bright blue light that cause eye...
- CHILDREN'S FAVORITE COLOR DESIGN ►The color is specially designed for children, so...
- PROVIDE BEST PRODUCT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ►In case any accident of the shipping or...
The Aieyezo Kids Blue Blocking Glasses boast larger oval frames that make them more fashionable than the rounded or rectangular colors. Moreover, their clear purple color makes them even more fashionable. Their bridge is slightly curved, and this offers a better fit in the nose area.
The frames feature a non-polarized blue light filtered lens with a width of 45mm, which is a perfect size for most kids. It is made of flexible silicone material, meaning that they are less likely to break. This TPEE silicon frame ensures these computer glasses very safe for use and comfortable to wear.
You get a number of color options to choose from. Moreover, you also have the option of buying two pairs at a reduced price. If your kids get too much screen time, which means more blue light, these Aieyezo Kids Glasses will help your kids enjoy extended screen use and avoid the negative effects of digital screens.
4. Livho Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- [Protect Eyes of Kids] - Alleviates visual fatigue from constantly playing computer,...
- [Reduce Myopia Risk] - Protect kids vision by blocking blue light. Enjoy digital...
- [Super Cute Frame] - With bright colors your kids can show off their unique sense of...
- [Flexible Frames Designed for Kids] - Ultra-lightweight and flexible TR90 frames and...
- [Rest Assured to Buy] - 100% risk free to try in case of any broken problem...
Livho is a popular brand that provides one of the best blue light glasses in the market today. These Livho Kids have a TR90 frame design, and their lenses are not reflective. The lens width is 50mm dedicated to reducing blue light exposure and eliminating visual fatigue and other discomforts associated with the eyes.
They minimize the amount of glare and are also protective against UV rays, which means the kids can also use them outdoors. Moreover, it is very lightweight and flexible enough, which provides comfortable wear over long periods of time. Moreover, they hold up pretty well, even to the roughest younger kids.
Their frames are impact-resistant and can easily be twisted and bent by your child. They are suitable for a child of ages three to fifteen years, and you can use their sizing guide to get the correct fit.
5. Babiators Blue Light Blocking Children's Glasses
- Eye Protection: We developed blue light blocking glasses to make screen time safer...
- Screen Savers: Help you protect your children’s eyes from overexposure to digital...
- Durable and Guaranteed: With flexible rubber frames and impact and shatter-resistant...
- Stylish and Fun: Step up your kid's fashion game and grab a pair of our smart,...
- Babiators on a Mission: Our mission is to protect your kids' eyes while they play and...
These colorful and safe kid glasses feature some of the best styles in the market today. The Babiators Blue Light Blocking Children's Glasses have stylish and smart frames that are made from a flexible rubber material. It is outfitted with shatter and impact-resistant lenses that won't easily break even when dropped.
They have sizes that are great for kids ranging from three to five years as well as six to ten years old. Their blue light blocking lenses have a width of 41 millimeters and are an excellent choice for protecting the eyes against artificial blue light.
You can use several colors and sizes to choose from. Moreover, if these kids' glasses are broken or lost within the first year, the company will replace them for free, although the shipping is not included.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Blue Light Glasses
Most blue light glasses come in general sizes, just like prescription glasses, and the sizes aren't gender-specific. Girls tend to have smaller faces, and their glasses tend to be smaller; however, many of them can still fit in the men's sizes.
Some glasses may have standard prescription measurements like lens width, temple length, total frame width, lens height, and nose bridge length. However, frames that include measurements may have a better fit. They are divided into three main categories that include narrow, medium, and wide.
Some blue light glasses have metal frames for durability and strength. The common types of metal used include;
- Aluminum- Lightweight, flexible, and durable, and only found in high-end frames.
- Stainless Steel- Strong, durable, and resists corrosion, but it is not very lightweight.
- Titanium- Lightweight, strong, corrosion-resistant, and naturally hypoallergenic which is great for people who are allergic to metals.
- Beryllium- Similar to titanium, but more affordable and is quite flexible
- Monel- Features a mix of metals to create a durable yet lightweight frame. However, it may contain nickel, a common skin allergen, but most models come with a protective layer to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.
On the other hand, some of the best blue light blocking glasses for kids come with plastic frames. They are quite affordable and come in several styles and colors. The different types of materials used are;
- Nylon- Hypoallergenic but a little softer than the other types.
- Acetate-Affordable and come in many different styles
- Epoxy resin- Adjustable and have a better fit because they are bendable when heated.
When it comes to blue light lenses, two common lens materials are used: glass or plastic. While glass can be more scratch-resistant, they are expensive and heavier. Plastic lenses are an affordable and simple option but require a lot of care. A plastic lens may need to be cleaned using a microfiber cloth to avoid scratching it.
The comfortability of the glasses is one important aspect you should not ignore. To know how comfortable the glasses will be, you need to look at a feature like;
- Fit- More than anything else, and the fit will determine the comfort because it ensures the frame comfortably tuck into the ears without exerting too much pressure and becoming too loose.
- Weight- Heavy glasses may cause headaches, so you want to consider getting the lighter choices.
- Material- You want to consider that plastics are lighter and have an even weight distribution across the nose. Metal frames with nose pads are preferred by many because they won't slide down the nose.
Blue light filtering glasses are most of the time used to reduce straining and improve sleep quality. Most manufacturers often have a percentage to indicate how much blue light the lenses can block. However, some glasses are not indicated, but you can always tell from the color of the lenses.
Clear ones block 15 to 25% of blue light, while yellow-orange ones may block 90 to 100% of the blue light. The blocking percentage you need will be dependent on a number of factors, including the time of the day. Excessive blue light exposure may suppress the sleep hormones, for example, melatonin.
Ideally, during the night, the kids should wear darker lenses to keep the sleep patterns or sleep cycle where they will fall asleep faster, and during the day, the parents should consider lighter ones to promote a healthy sleep-wake cycle. This will also allow the wearer to have a better view of the screen.
Different blue light filtering glasses come in different styles in terms of frame and shape. Some have rectangular lenses or round ones, and others have thick frames, while others are thin. Cat-eye frames or brightly colored ones call attention to the face and eyes. The style of the frame and lens you choose is entirely based on your and the kid's preferences.
6. Additional Features
Some popular and best blue light blocking glasses for kids have additional features, for example, the ability to specifically target the eye strain because of glare or reduce headaches. Some can also help in other common sight and visual issues.
Others have magnification lenses to help with reading and scratch-resistant coatings for durability. Some of these glasses also come with UV protection or anti-glare, good for outside use. It is important to find blue light glasses that will meet the specific issues of your kids.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Blue Light Blocking Glasses for Kids
1. Do blue-light-blocking glasses really work?
Yes. Lenses that come with the ability to block blue light feature tinted layers or tinted film built into the frame. The layers in the blue light blocking lenses are usually a shade of yellow tint that can filter out blue light emitted by digital screens. Different lenses have varying shades of yellow, and they also filter out different percentages of blue light.
2. Do prescription glasses block blue light?
Prescription lenses can block the blue light but not on their own. They need to have blue light blocking capabilities built into the prescription lenses, to improve the device characteristics when it comes to blue light. A number of online and in-person stores will add the abilities to the prescription lenses but at an extra cost.