Whether you're a new parent or you're a seasoned parent looking to add to your baby gear, one thing's for sure; the best baby rockers can come in handy when you need to soothe your infant.
It's important to note that baby rockers should never substitute cribs, even though your little one will likely fall asleep in them. While they may be a safe place for your babies to hang out while you catch some needed rest time, your baby's nap time should constantly be supervised when in them. This is because sleeping at an angle is not safe for infants.
The best baby rocker should first and foremost guarantee your child's safety. It should also be portable and lightweight. The rocker should have a comfortable seat since your baby will spend quite a majority of their time in there. It should be easy to clean and come with a source of entertainment, whether it's a toy bar or soothing sounds. Some rockers will feature both mechanical and manual rocking, while others will only have one. Whichever you choose, your rocker should be able to keep your baby sufficiently amused so that you're able to at least able to catch some little 'downtime.'
With so many options on the market, it can seem like quite the task, settling on one. This article outlines the 5 best baby rockers and features to consider when choosing them.
- Best Baby Rockers
- Features To Consider When Looking For Best Baby Rockers
Best Baby Rockers
1. BabyBjörn Bouncer Balance Soft
- Ergonomic baby bouncer – proper head and back support
- Fun and natural rocking that stimulates your baby’s development
- From 8 lbs/21 in (3.5 kg/53 cm) to 29 lbs (13 kg) (approx. for newborns and toddlers...
- Three different height positions and one transport mode
- The fabric seat is easy to remove and machine washable; Bouncer Balance Soft complies...
One reviewer rated it as "must-have baby gear." It's clear to see why the Babybjorn Bouncer is so well-loved and highly rated. You can be sure that your baby will be super comfortable with this baby bouncer due to the soft fabrics and ergonomic design. The bouncer features a fabric seat that's machine washable and is easy to remove.
The bouncer has three recline positions and comes equipped with a three-point harness. It's designed to mold to your baby's body, and your baby's head and back are guaranteed the right support as they grow and develop. When not in use, you can fold the bouncer chair down flat for easy storage.
2. Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer
- Deep & extra cushy seat with soft, supportive head rest and newborn insert
- Removable mobile with 2 hanging toys, a puppy & a kitty
- Calming vibrations & 20+ minutes of music & sounds ; Rich fabrics and textures...
- Adjustable 3 point restraint ; Plush, machine washable seat pad, body insert, and...
- Lightweight design & non skid feet
If looking for the best baby bouncer that will keep your baby delighted and calm them down, this is a perfect choice. The Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer: Sweet Dreams SnuggaPuppy is not only super cute, but it features a deep and extra cushy seat with a soft headrest plus a newborn insert.
The Fisher-Price baby bouncer bounces along based on your baby's movements naturally. The plush seat contours to your little one's body, ensuring they are comfortable throughout. The Fisher-Price bouncer offers calming vibrations and soothing music and sounds that help your baby understand when it's time to relax. The sounds and music are adjustable, allowing you to find the right combo for your baby.
The baby bouncer comes equipped with a removable toy with hanging to keep the baby entertained. It also features a three-point harness to ensure that they remain safe and snug.
3. Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker
The Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler can easily be considered a bouncer classic. Both infants and toddlers can use the stationary baby seat and rocker. It holds a weight limit of up to 40 pounds/18 kg. The baby rocker has a sturdy base with a fold-out kickstand for when you want to use it in a reclining position. The seat offers a two-position recline. When older, the seat can transform into a toddler chair.
The Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler rocker features a removable toy bar with 2 bat-at toys. The stationary seat offers calming vibrations to help soothe & comfort your baby's mood. The infant to toddler rocker also features a machine-washable seat pad that's dryer safe.
4. Maxi-Cosi Kori 2-in-1 Rocker
- 2 modes of use with rocker and stationary options
- Sleek styling details, high-quality materials and an ultra-lightweight design
- Soft and supportive inlay for extra support and comfort for baby
- 3 seat height positions can be easily adjusted with one hand
- Fabrics are easy to remove and machine washable
The baby rocker comes in a super stylish and sleek design. It features a super soft and cozy newborn inlay that provides your little one with the maximum support and comfort they require.
The baby rocker seat easily adjusts to three recline positions with just one hand. It's also easy to clean and is extremely lightweight. The rocker folds flat (compact fold), allowing you to tuck it away while traveling or storing it easily.
The baby rocker has a soft bounce that is controlled manually.
5. Fisher-Price Baby's Bouncer Geo Meadow
Your little one's movements can power the Fisher-Price Baby Bouncer Geo Meadow, or you can press a button for calming vibrations to help them feel safe and secure. The bouncer features a removable toy bar with spinning toys that will keep your baby amused. The removable fabric seat pad can be washed in the machine and is easy to clean.
The Fisher-Price bouncer is equipped with an adjustable three-point harness for safety and non-skid feet.
Features To Consider When Looking For Best Baby Rockers
When searching for the best baby rocker, your child's safety should be your top priority. There are key features to look out for in the baby rocker to ensure that it's safe.
Restraint straps are essential, and you should not buy any baby bouncer that does not have them. They should be strong, comfortable, and durable. Comfort is crucial as the last you want is straps that end up pinching or twisting around the baby's skin.
It's also crucial to ensure that you carefully read the label and determine the weight limit recommended by the manufacturer. Generally, rockers with a higher weight limit tend to last longer because you're likely to use them longer as your baby grows.
Lastly, consider the best baby rocker with either a 3 or 5-point harness to protect your toddler from falling out. You can also find baby bouncers with non-slip bases to minimize your infant from sliding around on wooden floors.
b) Type of Movement
Baby bouncers have vibration modes with different speeds. Hence, when searching for the best baby rocker for your infant, it's best to consider what kind of movement you're after.
Babies are sensitive, and you'll find that your little one hates the feeling of a certain baby rocker. While other rockers can make toddlers feel nauseous and downright queasy. These vibrating styles tend to be generally more expensive; however, you can find rockers that will rock with manual rocking. (a gentle push with your foot)
c) Power Source
Vibrating rockers or baby swings will require a power source. If you value portability, then a plug-in design won't work. Generally, the best baby rocker should be easy to move around with. Some models do offer the option of a battery-operated movement; however, it does mean more extra cost.
There is also the option of rockers that don't require power at all. These do require manual rocking as they don't come with any vibrating modes.
You want your baby swing to have a seat that is sturdy and durable. When searching for the best one, consider a chair with a well-made frame that won't tip over. Some baby swings feature an adjustable back that allows your infant to sit up for feeding or lie down during nap time. Ensure to check that the seat is strong enough to hold your little one's weight regardless of the position they're in.
Comfort is crucial when searching for the best baby rocker. Your little one is likely to spend quite a bit of time in this chair; hence you want to ensure it's a relaxing spot.
The best baby bouncer should have plush, soft fabrics and a supportive headrest; that way, when your baby drifts off during nap time, they're relaxed.
You'll want to ensure that the seat cushion is well padded. The material should also be breathable. It might also be helpful to pay attention to the seams near where your baby sits that can rub and irritate their skin.
When selecting a seat, you'll want to choose the best baby bouncers that can recline to several positions or convert to a toddler seat. Newborns generally tend to be more comfortable in a reclined position, closer to parallel with the floor. In contrast, older babies tend to be more comfortable in an upright position.
f) Entertainment Offered
When it comes to keeping your baby busy during playtime, baby bouncers are perfect. The best baby bouncers come with many designs ranging from a toy bar, lights, and music. A toy bar allows you to hang colorful toys and keep your little one entertained while you catch a few moments of rest.
The best baby bouncers will have a removable toy bar for when your baby feels tired and wants to relax.
- Lights — Some toy bars feature lights to keep your baby entertained. Though they can be entertaining for a while, you'll want to ensure that you can turn them off when your little one wants to sleep.
- Music And Sound — Some baby bouncers and baby swings feature music and sound in the toy bar or seat itself. The bouncer will include the option of lullabies, nature sounds, familiar kid songs, white noise, or all the four. If you select a model with music and sound, ensure it offers variety so that you're able to switch it up to keep your baby happy. You should also be able to turn it off when your baby wants to sleep.
g) Ease of Cleaning
With babies come messes; hence having a baby rocker that's easy to clean is essential. You're likely to encounter unavoidable spillages, from milk dribbles to diaper pass-throughs.
The seat should be made of material that's wipeable and washable ( be it by hand or machine washable). That way, you can always keep the seat smelling fresh and looking great.
Your baby bouncer should be portable and lightweight, allowing you to carry it around easily. A portable baby swing is useful for when you're traveling to visit grandma's house or friends as you can carry the chair with you.
Frequently Asked Question About Baby Rockers (FAQ)
a) What's The Difference Between A Baby Rocker, Baby Swing, and Baby Bouncer?
- Baby Bouncer: It is powered either by manual rocking or the baby's own movements. They tend to be smaller, and though some are expensive, most baby bouncers are fairly affordable.
- Baby Swing: It is powered mechanically. Some models swing side to side while some swing front to back, and others are a combination of both. Many have features like vibration, sounds, or a detachable mobile.
- Baby Rocker: It can be powered either mechanically or manually. They come in the form of small cradles or look like more of a reclined baby seat.