Children below the age of 3 will travel in a rear or forward-facing car seat. Most of them will outgrow these convertible seats at three and need the 5 harness booster seats to keep them safe and in the right position. Accordingly, we have compiled an informative guide on the best products in this category. First, to kick start this guide, let's first understand the product concept at hand.
- What is a harness booster car seat?
- Is a 5 point harness booster safer?
- 1. Graco Tranzitions Harness Booster Seat
- 2. Chase Harnessed Booster, Jameson
- 3. KidsEmbrace 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- 4. Chicco MyFit Harness + Booster Car Seat
- 5. Baby Trend Hybrid Booster Car Seat
- What To Look For In The Best 5 Point Harness Booster Seat
- How to Use a 5-Point Car Seat Harness
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Best 5 Point Harness Booster
What is a harness booster car seat?
A harness + booster combination car seat changeover from a baby to a big kids car seat. The five-point harness booster is a form of seat belt tha has five straps that are mounted to your car's frame. The seat has been designed to increase safety in case of automobile accidents.
The five-point harness straps are located at the child's shoulder, the crotch and two at the hips. All five straps are connected to a buckle release device. This way, you are assured that your child's body is held tight, offering protection to the body. The best part is that the harness booster car seats will keep your growing toddlers super comfy and safe.
Ultimately, using the harness booster car seats will keep your growing toddlers super comfy and safe. In light of the role of harness booster car seats, read on for our top five recommendations in this category.
Is a 5 point harness booster safer?
Buy on Amazon
1. Graco Tranzitions Harness Booster Seat
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth
- Grows with your child from forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster...
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to...
- Lightweight, portable seat is ideal for busy, active parents
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest grows with your child
The Graco 3 In 1 Harness Booster high back booster seat is one of the most luxurious and super safe kid seats. They have a narrow design that helps you install several car seats in the back seat of your car. This forward-facing seat is one of the most comfortable and safe options when it comes to traveling.
This vehicle seat belt comes in just the right weight, plus it is super affordable msling[ing it a suitable option for any parent. The good part is that you will not only use it as a harness booster or a belt-positioning booster, but you can also use it as backless boosters whenever you want.
The Graco 3 In 1 Harness Booster high back booster seat is also designed with a blow-molded plastic material that helps to volume down the seat's weight and keeps the seat super comfortable. In addition, this design helps the seat to be an incredible energy absorbent component.
2. Chase Harnessed Booster, Jameson
- This 2-In-1 combination booster car seat fitting children from 22-110 pounds converts...
- The chase LX combination booster car seat helps protect harnessed children from 22-40...
- This lightweight combination booster car seat comes equipped for latch systems...
- Designed and tested for both side impact and structural integrity at energy levels...
- Integrated cup holders keep drinks close without increasing the width of the car...
The Chase harnessed booster seat is another favorite pick among modern-day parents who love style and vale their kids' comfort and safety. These high back boosters are tested for structural uprightness to ensure that your children are safe as you travel.
This chase harnessed Booster seat comes with a 5 point harness system that will guarantee safety for kids that are up to 40 pounds. If your child outgrows it, you could switch this seat to a booster seat. Additionally, installing this seat is super easy since the vehicle seat itself is lightweight.
Furthermore, these child seats are affordable compared to other booster seats in this category. The best part is that the seat is durable and super safe to use whenever traveling. What's more, it offers comfort tech technology that provides maximum comfort.
3. KidsEmbrace 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- 5-POINT HARNESS SECURITY: Two position points at each shoulder, two position points...
- 3 HARNESS POSITIONS: There are three slots to position the harness shoulder straps...
- TWO MODE OPTIONS: This forward-facing five-point harness car seat is made for...
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: This seat exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards...
- ADDED COMFORT: Three-position adjustable height headrest is equipped with...
The Kids Embrace Booster Seat is a perfect option to purchase a motorcar seat that will ensure safety and comfort. The amazing bit is that the KidEmbrace brand offers a couple of excellent designs from nickelodeon to Disney that your kids will love.
The seat will allow you to use it for kids from the age of 3and you could still use it as a booster when need be. Also, you could convert this hardness to a high back booster when your children are grown. Plus, you can use the seat as a forward-facing seat or a convertible motorcar seat belt placed seat. Nevertheless, you can not convert this 5 point harness to a backless booster.
The Kids Embrace Booster Seat meets all the USA safety requirements by IIHIS, which guarantees the safety of your kids. In addition, it has a patented energy absorption layer that also helps to boost safety.
4. Chicco MyFit Harness + Booster Car Seat
- Converts from 5-point harness to belt-positioning booster
- Duo Guard side-impact protection for head and torso, and steel-reinforced frame
- 4-position recline, 9-position headrest, and deep Ergo Boost seat with...
- Premium LATCH connectors and Lock Sure belt-tightening system for easy installation
- 2 dishwasher-safe Cup Folders with push-button removal
Chicco Harness Booster Car Seat is a well-known brand that has earned the respect and trust of customers worldwide. It is on the expensive side compared to other options in the same category, but you can be assured that the price justifies the quality.
This Harness + Booster Car Seat has amazing features like a convertible seat function that makes it super safe for kids that need a 5 point harness. The best part of this seat is that it can accommodate young children transitioning to backless boosters.
The Chicco MyFit Harness + Booster Car Seat will provide the best protection for pre-schoolers since it will ensure that they are in the right position in case of accidents. The good bi is that it allows your child to lean sideways, slouch and even pick up toys.
5. Baby Trend Hybrid Booster Car Seat
- "Stage 1: Weight 22-50 lbs Height 29"" -48"" Stage 2: Weight 40-100 lbs Height...
- Seat pad, body insert, and harness covers are removable and hand-washable
- The weight range for the product recommended is 22 pounds to 100 pounds
- Convenient multi-size cup holders for drink and snack
- Multiple-position head support provides superior side impact protection
Last is this other amazing option, Baby Trend Hybrid Booster 3 In 1 Car Seat. The different parts like seat pads, body inserts, and harness covers are pretty easy to remove and clean. They also come with large cup holders perfect for your kid's drinks and snacks.
The seat has multi-position head support that provides your kids extra comfort by ensuring that their head remains in great posture. Additionally, the headrest will adjust to the shape of the kid's body, which makes them super cozy.
Additionally, the frame and base of his seat have a layer of extra absorbing foam which helps the seat absorb all impacts, energies and external forces that might hurt your kid. Furthermore, the car seat is ideal since it also offers a one-hand front harness adjuster that allows you to manage and operate the harness system.
What To Look For In The Best 5 Point Harness Booster Seat
The first very necessary factor you need to consider is the usage of the seat. You will find that harness booster seats are made to fit perfectly in cars. Therefore, you will need to get a booster seat that will fit perfectly on your car. Also, please choose a seat that could also be used whenever you are using planes. Additionally, it is wise that you get a 5 point harness booster seat that can be installed in any car seat or plane seat. You could also consider getting a car booster seat that can be used both as a backless booster seat or a belt-positioning high back booster.
It is also necessary that you choose a super durable model when you are planning to invest in a booster seat. You will find many models out there that will promise longevity, but you need to get the one made using high-quality material to make it can be used in the long run. Also, consider getting a booster seat that can accommodate your kid's growth.
Of course, your child's safety is a top priority, and you need to get a seat that will guarantee top priority. You must ensure that the seat you purchase meets the USA Safety Standards. Some of the other features tha you could look out for are crash-proof bottom, buckling system, latching system, and strong harness belts. The good news is that a 5 point harness booster car seat is much safer than the normal car seat.
Again, it is necessary to get an easy-to-clean seat, especially because you will be using it fr your growing child. The seat will tend to get messy now and then, needing a thorough cleaning. To make cleaning easy, you can choose to get a booster seat that has detachable seat covers, cushions, and cup holders. Additionally, you could get seats with covers and harness bets that are machine washable. The good bit is that many booster seats are redesigned with cleaning details in mind.
How to Use a 5-Point Car Seat Harness
Most of the best 5 point car seats are easy to install and will hold your baby in a proper position. However, each vehicle seat comes with a belting or latching system. They will also come with a manual or guide to help you during installation. You could also look for online videos to help fit the vehicle seat.
Nevertheless, almost all booster seats come with adjustable shoulder straps, but you will need to rethread the straps to adjust the straps to a lower or higher height on some seats. It is a bit easy to rethread the seat's straps on most rear-facing car seats as your kid grows, and you will not need to uninstall the seat. When making a purchase, you must know that a forward-facing car seat requires a no-rethread harness since it saves from the hassle of uninstalling the seats each time you want to mv the straps up when your child grows.
The good part is that the 5 point harness booster is extremely safe to use and is designed with kids' safety in mind. In addition, most of the harness booster seats are also meet the road safety regulation, ensuring that your little ones can travel safely.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best 5 Point Harness Booster
1. When should my kid transition from a car seat to a booster seat?
Children below the age of 13 should sit in the back seat of their car each time they are traveling. As for infants below two years, they should be placed in a rear-facing view booster seat, and those between 3 to 8 years should be put in a front-facing booster or the 5 point harness booster seat for maximum protection. Plus, the child's weight could also determine when you should transition the Harness to boosters. For example, children above 60 pounds can be transitioned to a belt-positioning to a backless booster seat.
2. What are the height and weight requirements for standard kid booster seats?
You can use booster seats for your kid until they reach the height of around 7 inches and weighs around 110 pounds. After that, however, you must get booster seats that fit the height and weight of your child for maximum comfortability.
3. How long do children need to be in a booster seat?
Experts recommend that you put your children in the car seat up to 13. However, this does not necessarily mean you can not use the seats with kids past this age. From birth, you can start by using rear-facing boosters, then the forward-facing booster, the 5 point harness booster, then the high back belt-positioning booster, and you finally use a backless booster for the older kids.
Image credit: google.com